Corny Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geneabovill

Reaction score
Talking with a bloke in the trade, and according to him, the supply of corny kegs is drying up due to soft drink peddlers using bladders instead.

Can anyone confirm or deny this rumour? I don't wanna start paying $200+ for brand new kegs any time soon.

Im pretty sure this has been the norm for a while. Soft drink in disposable kegs/bladders that is. Kegged wine is all in disposable kegs/bladders now to.

There was talk that China is just going over to bladders recently, so there may be a large source of used kegs there
KK's new imitation cornies aren't anywhere near $200 and they look pretty great

I'll check them out. Last price I saw for the 19L kegs was $200.. The short, stumpy little ones.

Anywho, thanks for the feedback.

I don't understand why we use them at all (I've got 10). In bulk lots, surely "normal" kegs would be of similar price.

I was drooling over these and these last week after having more gas-leakage problems with my pinlocks and/or kegerator

The Franke Optikegs (2nd link) looks the same as a corny keg, except with a commercial coupling. Ooh, I didn't see the Finn Keg before either.

Time to wipe off the drool and get back to work I guess. *sigh*

Latest posts

Back