Corny Keg gas leak, help pls.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASYLUM_SPIRIT

Reaction score
Hi

I have 2nd hand 19l ex pin lock that I bought new ball lock posts for. Everything seemed fine when I tested however now I have got a small leak at the bottom of the gas post.

I replaced all o rings when I bought it but I forgot about the little gas inlet and the o ring so I used the originals that came with it when I bought it which seem in decent condition.

I screwed the post tight but there is a leak right at the bottom in one spot.

Do you think it's the original gas inlet and oring or somthing else?
Do the post on the keg wear out and leak?

Thanks in advance

Other than replacing I’d try smearing the o ring with keg lube and tighten up rather than total full pressure.

Ok thanks mate
Is there supposed to be a oring between the bottom of the keg post and the ball lock plug/post that you screw down? ( if that makes sense)

Nah. Not sure what you mean. Standard there is one O ring on the stems/tube. Sometimes the thread isnt long enough for your new posts that you bought. Add 2 O rings back to back to the down tube. If you dont have the O rings you might get away with the old ones its about enough rubber padding so to speak. Try that.

Nah. Not sure what you mean. Standard there is one O ring on the stems/tube. Sometimes the thread isnt long enough for your new posts that you bought. Add 2 O rings back to back to the down tube. If you dont have the O rings you might get away with the old ones its about enough rubber padding so to speak. Try that.

Ahh ok that could be this issue. Thanks for the tip. I will check that out.

What I meant was should there be a oring or washer at the base of the threaded post.

Ahh ok that could be this issue. Thanks for the tip. I will check that out.

What I meant was should there be a oring or washer at the base of the threaded post.
No. There is no point. The seal is between the stem o ring and the poppit O ring. The Post just needs to tighten up enough.

If all else fails I'll send you some new silicon o rings for the dip-tubes.
Just send me your addy via PM.

Maybe some thread tape might help too. On the post thread that is.

Latest posts

Back