Cornelius Keg posts

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j-dunn

Reaction score
Hi All

I am wishing to fit 2 x liquid and 1 x gas posts onto my fermenter.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a fitting that would allow me to fit these. I imagine it would be a male thread like a small bulkhead fitting that would take the dip tubes and then screw the gas/liquid post to it.

Cheers
Joe

Can't you just split the beer line?

Or are you making something crafty?

Hi Nick

I am makng a conical fermenter. These posts will be fitted to the lid. One liquid dip tube to the bottom of the fermenter, one aprox 1/2 way down. The gas post is as in the keg.

Long tube is for transfer of beer to keg, short is for taking samples during fermentation.

a mate of mine was a chemist at milton brewery for donkey's years and working together have come up with this design.

Cheers joe

This sounds very interesting. Care to elaborate more with the design?

sure wolfman.

I am using a 30lt Rotamold conical tank. I bought a sealed unit (aparently there is a vented one). These are able to be pressurised to 10/15 psi.

I am fabricating a stainless steel frame for it that will fit my brew fridge. I have a temp control that will allow me to ferment at specific temperatures as well as chill the wort down.

My xxxx chemist said the less penetrations in the container the better, reducing the risk of infection, ease of cleaning etc. That is how we came up with the idea of having the penetrations in the lid. Totally removable for ease of cleaning.

He also maintained that with our "design" I will be able to rack the beer off to keg without the product being exposed to the atmosphere. It will also pre-carbonate the brew to an extent.

I will post some pix when I get it together for you as well as let you know how it goes.

Cheers
Joe

Hi Nev

thought of a racking arm but want to keep the penetrations to a minimum in the tank. Plus I still want a gas post in the top.

looks like the lid is aprox 3/4 mm thick.
Cheers joe

Back