Copper Pipe Size For Manifold?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gout

Bentleigh Brau Haus
Reaction score
guys i have 3m of straigh copper pipe at home with the T and bends ready to go but i think it may be to small now, after looking in palmers book

what size pipe did others use?

i dont know what size mine is but it fits inside a garden hose. i think thats 1/2 inch OD??

i might have to go buy some more :(

Mine's 1/2 inch. Look under the Manifolds thread for pics, oh bugger it here it is

Manifold2.JPG

Well I can help you out with the dia.
Yes it's 1/2' or 12mm

i think its 3/8

i will find out when i get home tonight :(

i need to buy the ball valve tap etc and fittings tonight to finish the mash tun

i went with 1/2 inch mine is simialr to tda but is not so square mine is similar to palmers manifold but i hyave driiled it through my esky

all is well it was 1/2 inch

making it now... arms are getting sore using the hack saw, cand turn on the band saw at this hour..... and i'm to dumb to wait for tomorrow :)

will slot it in the band saw tomorrow

Congratulations Ben,
Sounds like your well on your way to your first mash brew, you wont look back!

cheers

i have done about 6 AG brews but this is the 3rd system all new and improved with the help of the mag pump.

last setup was all via hand and buckets, this time its esky, manifolds pumps and big boilers :) all hopfully on a stand cant wait to get it working

G'day Ben,

Didnt realise you had allready crossed the thresh-hold.
Sounds like you are about the same stage as me.
Pots buckets and jugs!
On brew day I am busier than a "one armed bricklayer in Bagdad"
I have a pump, a wort chiller, two convered kegs and a rubbermaid mash tun and I am currently building my "structure" and looking forward to having it finished.

Cheers

Back