• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

copper immersion chiller & hose

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IainMcLean

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I have this spare. It's worked well for me over the years.
I'm looking for $75 for it.
Pickup in either Caulfield or Dandenong South areas.
Cash or Paypal.

Optimized_IMAG0381.jpg

In the coming weeks I may have an extra large HERMS / Chiller HEX up for grabs too, about the same overall surface area but wound a lot tighter. I used to have it mounted in a keggle. It has compression fittings - so if anyone is interested let me know and I'll dig it out and post pictures. The same price, the same pick-up as above.

I'd be interested in seeing the other before I take one of them off your hands. Looking to give my self the option to not no-chill.

I think the first one probably suits me better. Trying to give myself the ability to not no-chill. I use a keggle with an electric element.

How does the hose go at staying on with the heat? How long do you reckon it'd take to drop a 25litre batch or thereabouts?

the hose is pretty tight on - I have used it as-is with no problems. You'll struggle to pull it off really.

I did also for a while use hose clips on there as I had some spare but I've used them elsewhere in the brewery now.

Controlling the water flow, in winter it drops a 25L batch in something like 15 minutes from memory...

Good looking coil. Much like mine. Works well when I use mine. Actually yours sounds like it gets better efficiency. And the hose seals are paramount as u dont want unboiled hise water in your cooling wort so this sounds ideal.

I got involved in the grain mill bulk buy when I thought I'd missed out so that's my equipment budget gone for the time being. I'll check back in a week (post pay day) and see if this is still available.

Hello mate.

Sorry for the **** around but I've decided to build one myself with a whirlpool/pump in it and I've found some copper piping at $70 for 20 metres or something that seems very cheap to me so I'm going to formally withdraw my interest.

Surprised it's still available to be honest.

kahlerisms said:
Hello mate.

Sorry for the **** around but I've decided to build one myself with a whirlpool/pump in it and I've found some copper piping at $70 for 20 metres or something that seems very cheap to me so I'm going to formally withdraw my interest.

Surprised it's still available to be honest.
Mind me asking where you are buying the copper pipe from?

oscarman said:
give this mob a call they do pretty good deals

http://www.polyaire.com.au/contact/#map_top

Thomastown, Victoria
Thomastown

108-110 Northgate Drive, Thomastown
Victoria 3074

Phone (03) 9465 8022

product code numbers
http://www.polyaire.com.au/residential/pipe-and-fittings/copper/soft-annealed-coil/soft-annealed-copper-coil-0-91mm-wall-thickness/

tradeink plumbing normally give good prices
but i have found Reece like to tear you a new A hole if you dont have a account...

oscarman said:
I think it would be very rude of me to suggest getting copper from somewhere else in someone's for sale thread.

Latest posts

Back