Coopers Yeast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danbeer

Reaction score
Howdy.

Does anyone know if Coopers use a different yeast for their priming/conditioning than for their fermenting?
I was thinking of adding some coppers sparkling ale yeast to my current project to help finish it off, since it's going very very slowly, and still has a baume of 1.3.

danbeer said:
Howdy.

Does anyone know if Coopers use a different yeast for their priming/conditioning than for their fermenting?
I was thinking of adding some coppers sparkling ale yeast to my current project to help finish it off, since it's going very very slowly, and still has a baume of 1.3.
We have used the yeast from a coopers sparkling ale bottle for me coopers sparkling ale clone.

you will have to make it into a yeast starter and really build the yeast cell count up before pitching.

i have no ide what a baume of 1.3 or even a baume is.

i have no ide what a baume of 1.3 or even a baume is.

Baume is a measure of potential alcohol.
It is measured af degrees Brix, then converted to Baume (at least with the instruments I have at my disposal). Brix/Baume are related to RS (residual sugars).

Given that I work in a winery, it's just easier to measure alc + Baume directly, hence the reference.

the coopers yeast in the primary is the same yeast strain as in the secondary according to coopers themselves from there club old club website

Back