Coopers Two Can Long Ferment

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brizbrew

Reaction score
I done a two can screamer last Saturday it consisted of :

2 x Coopers stout (1.7kg)
1kg DME
500g Brown sugar
250g Lactose
2 x Safale04 Yeast

I made it up to 27 Litres since I knew it would be big enough to handle it, if I had a bigger fermenter I would of been tempted to make it up to 35L.
I did not take a reading of the OG since it was a partial boil with a lot of malt which would of given me a false reading anyway but I guesstimate the OG to be in the ballpark of 1067 ??? I took a reading earlier tonight and it is at 1020 and still blowing bubbles through the airlock albeit at a much slower rate than earlier this week when it was literally climbing out of the blow off tube.

What do you reckon the OG to be and what FG shoulg I be looking for?

Does 1020 sound about right? I was hoping to get a bit lower than that (Maybe 1014) although this is probably heading towards 7% as it is :huh:

Brizbrew
Just wait till it ferments out. depending on the temp it could be a week away. All my primary fermentation i leave for 2 weeks or more depending on the brew.
Looks like the beer might be a bit sweet to me.
Good luck

Ray_Mills said:
Brizbrew
Just wait till it ferments out. depending on the temp it could be a week away. All my primary fermentation i leave for 2 weeks or more depending on the brew.
Looks like the beer might be a bit sweet to me.
Good luck
[post="65858"][/post]​
Yeah, sounds like good advice.
Being only my 7th HB I was quite suprised that it is still going after 8 days, all my previous kits have finished after 3-4days so this has suprised me a bit but I will wait it out and hope to get it down to 1014.

Too sweet you reckon? I don't mind a bit of sweetness in a Stout but don't like sickly sweet stuff so I hope this falls my way.

Cheers.

Hi Brizbrew, just in case you're still curious, I plugged your recipe into beersmith and got an OG of 1061 and an estimated FG of 1016.

Spun said:
Hi Brizbrew, just in case you're still curious, I plugged your recipe into beersmith and got an OG of 1061 and an estimated FG of 1016.
[post="66530"][/post]​
Cheers for that mate, that sounds pretty much what I expected.
I have downloaded promash myself but am still learning to use it. :blink:

Back