Coopers Sparkling Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wardy

Reaction score
Thought some of you would be interested to know that Coopers has just released their Sparkling Ale in a brew kit. Personally, this is my beer of all beers!! :chug: My local homebrew shop just got it in today. Needless to say i got one and will be trying it asap.

cheers

wardy,

which brew shop do you go to?
I am keen to try this one.

ok thanks for that
i'll give em a visit yhis weekend

cheers

went to the HBS in hiedelbrg to gt this earlier today. the instructions state to use a can of unhopped LME.
too expensive for me this time. I went for a Coopers IPA.
I'll give this a go when the weather cools a bit.

cheers B)

gday johnno
the sparkling ale is part of the new release thomas coopers premium selection.
the choices are
australian bitter
heritage lager
traditional draught
sparkling ale
all four brews are intended to be mixed with cans of coopers light malt extract.
so there you go.a bit more expensive but i would be keen on the outcome so as people brew these hopefully they will post the results.hey wardy :rolleyes:

cheers
big d

If I can get my hands on one I'll give it a go , I love Cooper Sparkling

I like to do one as per instuctions , then I know what it is I can add what ever I fancy

onya batz
the coopers newsletter says all four brews have their own distinctive hop character,malt blend,aroma and flavour profile.
sounds the goods

and to tantalise you some more batz..
sparkling ale...an ale that displays fruity esters on the nose,full malty palate with a generously hopped clean finish in the style of coopers world famous sparkling ale.

mmmmmmm

well it was still over my budget for the day. sure, i'll put one of these on soon nough. just that i got to the brew shop unprepared for the price + the extra malt. that brew shop didnt have coops unhopped malt extract anyway. They had another brand,Muntons i think it was. which i'm sure is a fine brand but i wanna do one of these as original as possible.
Propagate yeast from a sparkling ale and use the candied sugar etc

cheers

ah darn it. the Coopers IPA i got yesterday can wait. Im gonna start propagating some yeast from a sparkling ale tonite or tomorrow night and go get the kit next saturday. probably at the grain and grape since no one else seems to have Coopers LME. give em a ring first to make sure.
Otherwise im getting on to Coopers and telling em they need more outlets selling their product (which i think i already have)

cheers

johnno if you are buying the coops sparkling kit u can use any lme from the shop and most brewcraft will sell blark rock(pale) or morgans extra pale which i used in my heritage lager which i dry hopped with 2 plugs of halletua

I was assured by brewcraft that morgans pale LME would be a perfect substitute for the coopers one (despite the fact that i would still like to get my hands on the coopers one).

NOTE: the instructions on the inside pamphlet (which i read 1 day after i pitched) also call for 500g light malt extract and 300 grams of dextrose to be boiled with the wort in addition to the 1.5kg of LME.

Should have read the instructions first. Anyway, i boiled extra sugars in 1.5L of water, cooled and added to the fermenter... didn't seem to bother it and it's been bubbling away like Mad for days. It smells amazing... the whole house is full of warm malty beer flavour... how can you not love this!!

so thats anoyher half a kilo of malt and a bag of dextrose on the expense list. Oh well still give it a try.
oh and i reckon brewcraft will assure you of anything.

cheers

anyone have any suggestions as to what hops to use for a dryhop with this brew.

cheers

Bitter withPOR

Dry hop with Cascade....

Thanks GMK.
got some Cascade in the fridge. I'll get some POR on the weekend.

cheers

Johnno

If you are out Heidelberg way & want to get Coopers LME try the Greensborough HBS. He buys in bulk & repackages at a reasonable price. Good range of grain, malt etc too

just picked one up today and it looks like you guys found out about the "extra" ingredients called for in the packet. the HBS i went to didnt have the 1.5kg coopers lme so i got a 1kg morgans brew enhancer. i tried their wheat lme and was pretty happy with it. i had already planned on using a bit of light dme so that wasnt so much of a shock. will hopefully brew it up as soon as i plug the leak in my boiler.
i have about 15g each of EKG and fuggles i will use. will probably add them at about 30 and 20 min as i would rather get some flavour instead of bitterness.
also i was happy to see a "specialized" sparkling ale 7g yeast sachet under the cap. will keep you guys posted.
joe

Back