Coopers Sparkling Ale Kit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flash_DG

Reaction score
Brewed a Coopers Sparkling Ale on the 25/09

Coopers Sparkling Ale - 23 litres
Ingredients

• 1.7kg Premium Selection Sparkling Ale
  • 1.5kg Thomas Coopers Light Malt Extract
  • 500g Coopers Light Dry Malt
  • 300g Dextrose
ok so it has been at 21-19c for the last 14days, OG was 1050 and the last several days it has been 1018.
What I want to know is this 1018 too high still? should I leave it further?
I can't really rack it I don't have the equipment to do that yet.

Looks a couple of points high, your OG looks shockingly low though. With those ingredients you should be looking at a brew about 6.5% with an OG of 1060. Even another week in the fermenter would do it no harm at all, so I'd suggest just leave it for another couple of days it may or may not drop any further.

Looks a couple of points high, your OG looks shockingly low though. With those ingredients you should be looking at a brew about 6.5% with an OG of 1060.

well the first sample I took was 1058 and I took another sample and got the 1050 so I figured the second was right and the first might have had mostly Wort in the tap.

Was the wort mixed through well enough do you think?

1.018? Yeah I'd leave that fellow for a while longer, a few days won't hurt it.

A gentle rocking of the fermenter from side to side may help rouse the yeaties for another splurge.

- boingk

Also check your hydrometer in water to make sure it reads 1.000

Technically it should be distilled water I think, but I've always used tap water and mine have all read 1.000. Spose it depends on you water.

Well I ended up giving this a swirl and left it for a few more days and it got down to 1014 and stayed there for 2 days.
Bottled it this morning. Looks nice and clean.

ive done exactly the same brew. mine started at 1056 and has been at 1014 since sat. leaving in for another week and then ill bottle it

Good work, and sensible desicion. Leave this fellow for a month or so and you'll be very, very pleased. Currently my Dads favourite brew, reckons its better than the real deal!

Have a good one - boingk

I did this one early this year but i used white sugar instead of dex.
I have made around 15 kit beers now. This Coopers Sparkling and the morgans Blue mtn Larger are my top two faves!
I still have two long necks of the sparkling left. ill be doing a side by side comparison with the original coopers sparkling in a few weeks time. The other bottle ill try to keep untill its a year old.

i would personally never keep anything less than a full carton of beer to mature for one year - imagine cracking it after a year and its the best beer you have ever tried but you only have one!

Latest posts

Back