Coopers Sparking Ale recipe advice

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindseyyy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I put this brew down last night and now im wondering if what I've done was wise or not! Can any of you give me your thoughts on the following recipe?

1 x can of sparkling ale
1 x can of light malt extract
100g treacle
100g cane sugar
10g of cascade hops boiled for 10 min
10g of galaxy hops boiled for 5 min
10g of S-04 yeast pitched at 23c (i had trouble getting temp down as i ran out of ice)
The O:G was 1044

I am intending on adding another 10g of galaxy at day 4-5 depending on fermentation.

All feedback welcomed,

Lindsey.

I think that it might be alright. Just enough hops to compliment it

Hey mate, did you boil your hops in water or did you add some of the malt extract to the boil first?

My daughter asked what the go was with your picture there, she's 8. Thought it was a spaghetti monster.

I glossed over it, mumbled something about art.

What is it supposed to mean?

I always think testicles for some reason, and they are not something that naturally attracts me in a person.

Soz, off topic, but sometimes you just need to ask.........

shacked said:
Hey mate, did you boil your hops in water or did you add some of the malt extract to the boil first?
Hi Shacked,

Yes i added the hops to 3lts of water which had 500g of DME. I didn't strain it though before adding it to the F.V.

Cheers,

Lindsey.

Its been in the F.V for 6 days now. I just dry hopped with 5g of galaxy and 5g of cascade. I'll keep you all informed!

noticable cf the 5 g notion.
It'll be nice.
try 15 if you are worried.
5 is without point.

indica86 said:
noticable cf the 5 g notion.
It'll be nice.
try 15 if you are worried.
5 is without point.
Ive now topped the brew off with more dry hops on your advise. Total now is 15g each of galaxy and cascade dry hopped on top of 10g each prior hopping - 50g of hops in all. Im looking forward to the outcome!

lindseyyy said:
how full on would that make the hoppiness?
How hoppy do you want it.....THAT is the question.

Once you get the taste, you will be adicted :chug:

Back