Coopers Permium Homebrew Cans

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazman

Fishweide BrauHaus
Reaction score
coopers are bringing out a new line of premiun cans that u just add the coops light lme extract so they are adding to the heritage lager

with Australian bitter:A beer style that captures the characteristics of popular Australian bitters,light in colour,clean mouth feel with a quenching finish.

Traditional Draught: A quality beer using a hop/malt combination designed to convey the palate cleansing freshiness of a traditional draught beer straight from the tap.

Sparkling Ale: An ale that displays fruity esters on the nose ,full malty finish in the style of coopers world famous sparkling ale

i got this info from my coopers club newsletter.

out in hbs late dec

so it goood news for you k+k brewers as the sparling ale sounds good but i reckon it will be different that their comercial product but you could try with the sparkling yeast from the commercial product

premium hey..sounds good
betchya it says add a kilo of sugar...very premium indeed.

wheres ya avatar jaz :unsure:

merry xmas
and a happy brew year

big d B)

not 100% sure about this, but maybe someone else will know for sure.

i have heard that other beers that are bottle conditioned use different yeast in the bottle than is used for fermentation. so you may or may not get the same flavor profile from using the yeast in the bottle. anyone know for sure??
joe

From what I've read on the web over the last few years, Coopers is bottled with the fermentation yeast, so should make kit beers taste much better than the dried strains they're packed with.

joecast said:
not 100% sure about this, but maybe someone else will know for sure.

i have heard that other beers that are bottle conditioned use different yeast in the bottle than is used for fermentation. so you may or may not get the same flavor profile from using the yeast in the bottle. anyone know for sure??
joe
Yep - many beers do use a different yeast for bottle conditioning.

However, I was told my somebody from Coopers that they use the same strain for primary fermentation & bottle conditioning.

Well I'll be giving a Sparkling a go with cultured Coopers yeast , my be just the K&K to brew in between
Worth a try

<_< Coopers use the same strain of yeast in all their beers...Its a top fermenting yeast and its the same yeast you see in the bottom of a bottle of sparkling ale.

I have used this yeast for about 5 years when I make a clone to their sparkling ale...
TRY THIS.

About 5 days before you plan to brew, Culture the yeast from a couple of bottles of Coopers Sparkling Ale .

When you cultured yeast is showing good signs of fermentation

I can Coopers Indian Pale Ale.or Coopers Real ale.
(I prefere Indian Pale Ale)

500 gms light malt

500 gms dextrose

20 gms Pride of Ringwood hops in boil

20 gms Pride of Ringwood Hops in a stocking leg boiled for last 5 minutes of boil

Boil for 40 minutes add last of hops 5 minutes before the end of the boil.

turn gas off and let stand 10 minutes. Strain into a fermenter and add hops in stocking leg and add water to 20 ltr mark. check temp is 25 C or less.

Add cultured yeast

Ferment in primary for 4 days...rack to secondary and remove stocking leg..
Leave a further 5 days the bottle of keg as usual.

Its a great beer I promise

:chug:
Cheers

JWB

big d no sugar it is to be used with the coopers malt extract lme plus the advatar is the trooper from iron maiden

sounds good jaz.if ya put one down let all know how it turns out.
im guessing but they will probably be only available in hbs so that will count me out till holidays down south.

I am pretty sure the yeast in a bottle of CSA is a lager yeast

could be wrong

for a good fruity note, Windsor Ale yeast

Jovial Monk

Jazman said:
advatar is the trooper from iron maiden
Your avatar shows as a red X for us. Looks like you linked directly to a yahoo site and they're blocking the image when viewed from other sites. You'll need to either put it in your own webspace or upload it to the AHB forum.

i still see a red x.but if i drink enough tonight i will see anything i want to.even the trooper from iron maiden. :blink:

Ok JWB
Your on mate I'll give your Coopers a go , nice excuse to buy some Pales
:p

Did you say Jovial Monk that the Sparkliin' PA is a larger yeast.? Does this mean they primary with it or only for bottle conditioning.

Wedge

Latest posts

Back