Coopers Pale Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stout75

Reaction score
G'day , this is for the experienced guys, put down a batch of coopers pale ale clone( the kt type) added the enhancer No2. Fermented like a champ for 4 days but has now stopped. The temp here in Darwin has been about 30 deg through the day, and about 18-20 overnight. The area I brew in is usually constant 26deg and no dramas in the past. Can a pale ale brew out in just 4 days? Trying to decide if I should check SG to see what's going on or put into another fermenter and pitch another yeast in.What's peoples thoughts

I will check the SG later to see what it is. Have been getting really nice flavours brewing at 26deg up here. Have recently got an old fridge that I am going to wire a thermostat into on the weekend so I can control ferment temps better.

I must admit I was feeling particularly lazy and brewed one of these Coopers Pale Ale kits + BE2 also. I pitched 1 packet of s-04 into the 23L batch and have been fermenting it for the last 7 days at 18 deg C. I checked the gravity today and it is 1.017. I would have thought it would be lower by now. My usual AG brews are have usually hit FG of around 1.010 by 4 or 5 days at 18 deg C and I let them sit on primary up to the 2 week mark before kegging. I am not particularly concerned but if it has hit FG at 1.017 that is only 3% ABV and it is a tad sweet at the minute for my palate (might have to re-label it a 'mild').

Is this a kit thing? (I have never done one before) or is this how s-04 does its thing? I have not used it before either. :beer:

Checked the SG this arv, down to 1.008. Was supposed to get to 1.012. Suppose this is good as it will slightly higher alcohol content. It was an SG of 1.020 last Tuesday night. Will bottle this weekend and store for about 6 weeks before testing

Back