Coopers Original Pale Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nearly

Reaction score
Get ready to tar and feather me. B)

I really enjoy beer but I must admit that I didnt enjoy the Coopers Original Pale Ale that a mate gave me to try. I found it slightly astringent. Because I know nothing yet about hops and other ingredients and the various tastes and smells that come from them I cant tell what it is that I didnt like about it. I dont even know what 'too bitter' tastes like... perhaps thats what it was... I dunno.

My education begins I guess. Does anyone else not like the pale ale or have I just proven that I am a know-nothing philistine that shouldnt be allowed to brew, drink, or talk about beer? :rolleyes:

I used to enjoy XXXX Bitter, then Powers Light, then Carlton Mid-Strength then Cascade Premium Light and lately my cousins Coopers Lager homebrew.

I found a strange thing the other day... I had a Bazza Homebrew and enjoyed it then poured a Cascade Premium Light to compare. I found the Cascade to taste like soggy cardboard. Really wierd. The previous taste affects the next... normally I like the Cascade. Last night I was drinking the Cascade and enjoying it...

cooper pa mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm better than lots of mega swill

its diffinently not bitter its probaly one of the least bitter beers on the market at only 15ibu
in adelaide it would be the most popular beer among young people and girls .coopers produce the beer this way to obtain the maximum market ie if a girl in adelaide buys a beer it will most likely be a pale ale.or if their a snobby cow maybe crown lager.
sounds like a dodgey bottle you drank.i like to refer to the pale as a glass of fruit juice all though beer drinkers with not quite the experience of tasting different beers cant pick the fruit smell and flavour.the hops are all pride of ringwood and are very easy too pick in beer once your've brewed with them and got a taste for them.if i drink a coopers pale ale along a kit beer made with DME youll notice the coopers pale is quite dry compared to your brew.

dont give up on the pale if you find somewhere that sells a lot on tap try one their and judge it.it should be better than the other beers you picked as being your favourite comercial brews.

I bought a pale in the bottle and found it to be very clean but tasteless, nothing special al all to the the point where i would not have tried another,

last week i had it on tap and it was totally a different beer, to the point i stayed and had 3 :) very nice on tap , crap in a bottle

ben us people from south oz actually mix the sediment up the rest of the beer so it nice and cloudy so they may explain why u did not like the bottle but i must admit i do love it on tap

I love it on tap, but to me, there is too much variation from one bottle / carton to the next. I find it a little soapy / un-refreshing in the bottle.

Sure kills most other swillers tho.

Latest posts

Back