Coopers Nut Brown Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iankaplan

Reaction score
Coopers currently has as their "recipe of the month" a Nut Brown Ale, with the ingredients available from the Coopers online store at a very reasonable price.

The recipe is:

1.7kg Original Series Dark Ale beer kit
2 x 500g Coopers Light Dry Malt
200g Crystal Malt grain
Yeast supplied with the kit or other ale

I have generally had success with Coopers kits, especially when used with extra hops (depending on the beer, of course) and good yeast. This NBA recipe looks appealing; has anyone tried something similar, or think this is worth the effort?

Coopers currently has as their "recipe of the month" a Nut Brown Ale, with the ingredients available from the Coopers online store at a very reasonable price.

The recipe is:

1.7kg Original Series Dark Ale beer kit
2 x 500g Coopers Light Dry Malt
200g Crystal Malt grain
Yeast supplied with the kit or other ale

I have generally had success with Coopers kits, especially when used with extra hops (depending on the beer, of course) and good yeast. This NBA recipe looks appealing; has anyone tried something similar, or think this is worth the effort?

I haven't tried it but looks like NBA would make a nice drop. I think you can make a good beer with Coopers kits with malt and some spec grains. Do it and post pics/result :)

Back