Coopers new style fermenter...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In an effort not to hijack the post I'll just throw in a fart joke and let that be the end of it...

Husband farts, disgusted wife says "Jeez, stop it!" Husband says "sure, which way did it go?"

Sorry.

Has anyone else found that they can smell gas escaping when using cling wrap on a jerry? Doesn't seem to matter how many layers or how many rubber bands it still gets through. Never had an infection but its always worried me. Anyone else use home brand?
Hi, I’m a home brand brewer now, plus hops, malt and glucose.

I know I might drink a bit but if my emissions smelled like brewing cider or beer I'd be seeking some medical intervention...

I guess the gas does need to escape, I guess I just thought if it can get out, what can get in?
Nothing can get in due to the positive pressure created during fermentation. One piece of cling wrap and one rubber band will be fine.

I've had to replace my tap due to erroded seal but other than that it's made some great beer. I've been happy and yes, the positive air pressure of the fermentation gasses keep it from oxidation

Latest posts

Back