Coopers Microkit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atariman2002

Reaction score
hello

forgive the obvious question but i am new here and new to home brew

i started a coopers micro brew kit at 12:30pm on the 25th sept 2005

by the next day the air lock was bubbling a lot

now i woke this morning (27/09/05) to find that the airlock no longer is bubbling.

i checked for leaks and all seemed ok

the original temp when it was bubbling was 24 degrees

now its down to 22.5 degrees.

has the brew failed?

does the bubbling process continue for the whole 6 days as suggested by coopers?

am i n trouble

thanks fellas.

Atari

No need to worry mate all is fine and normal.
At 24c it would be done in a couple days, leave it for another week and then bottle.

All my love
Jayse

No worries.
It's probably still fermenting without bubbling. Just leave it alone for few more days and try not to look at it (easier said than done).
Bottle it between 3rd-7th Oct.
Enjoy it in couple of weeks.
Cheers

many thanks,

the way the coopers instructions outlined was that if it stopped i wa in deep crap.............so the creation of co2 is now complete.....and boy did it smell nice.........

should i leave it till saturday as per isntructions?

its all blanketed now with 3 blankets............

guys you have an awesome forum and its great to get som ehonest help from you all.

cheers

many thanks gents,

will follow wth your advice and discard the coopers....should i be checking fo specific gravity now?

thankyou

:)

its funny.........the mrs reckons i have paid more attention to the wort these couple of days than anything else..............

glad i started the hobby..........i would like to at some stage advance to a more hardcore approach of boiling and adding hopps directly instead of wiz bang cooper no fail kits

cheers

atariman2002

good on ya mate a welcome to this hobbie now you do realize that you are now engaged to a new mistrees and soon you will be married to her hope your wife don't mind LoL

I HAVE BEEN A KIT EXPERIMENTOR FOR A WHILE AND NOW I AM STARTING THE NEXT STEP PARTIALS

so mate welcome and enjoy .
TANKED

lol........thanks a heap

thanks for the welcome...

I dare say i will be here more often then.

cheers fellas and a goodnight to all

atariman2002 said:
its funny.........the mrs reckons i have paid more attention to the wort these couple of days than anything else..............

glad i started the hobby..........i would like to at some stage advance to a more hardcore approach of boiling and adding hopps directly instead of wiz bang cooper no fail kits

cheers
[post="79798"][/post]​

It's all down hill for the wife now :p

Better up the limit on your credit card :rolleyes:

Welcome to the world you homebrewing :super:

Batz

hey fellas

just checked the wort this morning and its down to 20 degrees.

should ihave it near a heater or just leave it?

its in day 3 of the brewing process

cheers

Atariman,
The standard Coopers yeast should still be working down to about 18 degrees. Once below that, the yeast starts to become dormant. If you can keep the brew above 18 degrees, after a week, take a SG reading on 2 consuecutive days. If the readings are the same (and 1010'ish) then you are ready to clean, steralise and bottle.

Then the hard parts starts...... Waiting for 14 days before sampling :D

Hope this helps,

M

leave it - dont panic - she'll be right.

Welcome atariman2002 to home/craft brewing, another one hooked. :beer:

thanks guys....i will leave it then............sooooo tempted to take the top off to have a look inside..........aahhhhhhhhhhhhh

the temptation is soooooooooo hard

lol......thanks again

;)

Batz said:
It's all down hill for the wife now :p

Better up the limit on your credit card :rolleyes:

Welcome to the world you homebrewing :super:

Batz
[post="79815"][/post]​

Never has a truer word be said...

:beerbang:

ESP Part A and B..

Welcome Aboard

i just took a sample for the hydrometer and the sample waslight yellow and fairly frothy..................it wasnt clear at all........veyr very cloudy...ayway i placed the hydrometer and it sank all the way to the bottom

it didnt float at all

ideas?

atariman2002 said:
i just took a sample for the hydrometer and the sample waslight yellow and fairly frothy..................it wasnt clear at all........veyr very cloudy...ayway i placed the hydrometer and it sank all the way to the bottom

it didnt float at all

ideas?
[post="79849"][/post]​

Nothing thaqt weird about the coudiness and frothyness, but the hydrometer should float. Are you sure you filled the tube right to the top? It won't float unless the tube is almost full.

aha................no i filed less than 3/4

my mistake

apologies for the dumb question

:))

atariman2002 said:
aha................no i filed less than 3/4

my mistake

:))
[post="79854"][/post]​

Yep, don't panic, mine sinks like a stone at 3/4 full too :) Fill her right up and she'll be fine. Just keep taking readings until you get the same reading 3 days in a row and then bottle. Don't worry too much if the SG doesn't drop down to 110ish, my first coopers stopped at 116 and is drinking fine.

atariman2002 said:
[post="79854"][/post]​

No such thing as a dumb question mate - especially when you're doing the first of many brews! ;)

The cloudiness is yeast still in suspension in the fermenting wort (beer) and when the fermentation gravity is steady (as mentioned already) you need to bottle or keg the beer and the yeast will settle out and the beer will brighten.

Just make sure you have a steady gravity for a few days before you bottle the beer. If you bottle beer that is still fermenting you risk making bottle bombs!

Cheers,
TL

Latest posts

Back