Coopers Kits In Beersmith

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luka

Reaction score
Hey all! I was wondering whether anyone had put any commercially available cans of goo into Beersmith. I'm still quite new to the program and wanted to adjust some recipes to use extract but I don't have the vital statistics to put in the data. I looked around but couldn't find anything on here already, so if anyone has that info in Beersmith, ie Coopers, Morgans, Muntons etc kits I'd love to get it off you. Also, if anyone has an analysis of Adelaide water ( I mean a serious one ;) )please share it.

Cheers dudes
Luke

This little guide has a fair few kits ibu's and colour in them if that was what you were after?
Excellent link, I was that was around when I started.
I use Promash and in the past when playing around with kits I have just factored the hopping in as a 60minute addition of POR to give about 20-23 IBU's then worked out my flavour aroma hops from then on.

Excellent link, I was that was around when I started.
I use Promash and in the past when playing around with kits I have just factored the hopping in as a 60minute addition of POR to give about 20-23 IBU's then worked out my flavour aroma hops from then on.

I have set kits up in Beersmith. As ausdb said you'll need to play with the figures of hopping to give enough bitterness. There is also a little check box when you add items to your ingredients of whether the item is to be added to or after the boil (I now have this selected for 'add to boil'). What I was finding was I would set the kit up in Beersmith with the right IBU, add it to a recipe and add more malt. Because of the hop utilization formula it would change the IBU for the kit, usually down.

There are several ways around this problem. The way I do it is to select the 'add to boil' option for all my ingredients. I then add the kit and malts and double check the IBU before I add any hops. This means that sometimes I click into the kit from the recipe view and tweak the hop numbers to get the kit IBU right again.

Latest posts

Back