Coopers Kit Cheap At Woolies

• Thread starter bindi
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

bindi

Just got back from the dredded shopping trip to Woolies <_< But in the home brew kit section they had Coopers Bavarian Lager kits going for $2.39 save $9 something, now I have not done a kit for awhile but grabbed 4 tins at that price, the 'check-out-chick' said they have more and will restock to shelf overnight [as I grabbed the last on the shelf]. Must tell a few mates, that's Woolies at Currimundi on the sunshine coast.

I didn't like the result when I used this kit...BUT...at that price I'd buy a heap and use better yeast :D

Shame their pricing policies aren't national :(

*EDIT* - I just noticed this is in Humour & Jokes...very good :lol:

PZ.

Safeway Waurn Ponds have these cans for $4.39 ea save $9 something. They've been reduced to clear. I almost bought a couple of them thinking geez that's cheap, but then I remembered I already have half a dozen or so other pilsener and lager cans lying around the place, that I don't really need them for a fair while.

Cheers :)

i will check out woolie2 tomorrow in Port pirie and if they clearing them i will get a doz or so i am sure there would be away of making them into a real nice beer eg with some wheat malt and a good yeast ? what do you blokes think??

delboy

delboy said:
i am sure there would be away of making them into a real nice beer eg with some wheat malt and a good yeast ? what do you blokes think??

delboy
[post="91780"][/post]​

Nah its a coopers kit, no matter what you do it will be crap,no matter how cheap.

Do a grumpys MB or an ESB 3 kg much better value :excl:

Brauluver said:
Do a grumpys MB or an ESB 3 kg much better value :excl:
[post="91789"][/post]​

At less than $5???????

I bought two Coopers kits at $8.99 today (Dark Ale and a Stout) and thought I was getting a bargain!

@ $2.39 a can I would have literally brought 10 without even blinking! Lucky interstate people we new south welshman get jipped a $1 off if we are lucky.

Far to cheap Bob, I just refuse to buy them. They didn't have any left.

During the winter it was too cold one day to ride my bike to the local HBS so I went to the supermarket instead. I got a Coopers Bitter and a 1kg Saunders Malt Extract. Fortunately I had 500g Crystal and plenty of nice hops.

That beer turned out pretty good I thought, for such a modest amount. Better than I expected - considering having reverted to kit.

If you have some stuff to doll it up with, all you need from the kit is ample bittering.

Back