Coopers Kit Cans For Beersmith 2 - Download Included

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put all the values in manually

OK to go now

but

bitterness values , which are available

cannot be entered

I haven't checked the Beersmith addon for a while but I was in contact with Brad regarding gross errors in that the values had been just copied from Coopers which is an ebc and an ibu for the extract undiluted. If you want to check do a recipe using the addon, mine and the extract spreadsheet from ianh and decide for yourself which is accurate for your needs.

Thanks for the great file. Hope someone will see this.. I did get a little confused. Does the 1 lb refer actually to one can, or does it truly refer to one pound, so then we should boost it to the 3.375 lbs as stated on the can.

mate thanks for these.. ive been having massive issues with beer smith rating IBU's incorrectly..

i got so fed up up with this issue with Beersmith I deleted it all of it's files from my PC, using a little extra pressure on the delete button i might add….

I sent sent quite a few emails on this issue to Beersmith about 18 months ago with NOT ONE reply…very disappointed to say the least.

This might be a silly question. But do I need to filling in the 'amount' to 1.5 kg as per the side of these coopers cans for this to work, rather than the defult 1kg? Cheers

This might be a silly question. But do I need to filling in the 'amount' to 1.5 kg as per the side of these coopers cans for this to work, rather than the defult 1kg? Cheers

Hi Jonno,

Did you ever find a answer for this?

I've been putting the tin weight in, but I'm suspicious of the numbers in getting.

Thanks,
Paul

The weight of fermentables in Beersmith will default to whatever it's set to default to (you set it in tools --> options --> units.....in the 'weight units' row) - on mine I set 0.5kg. If you use a 1.5Kg tin of liquid extract, you change the weight to 1.5kg. A pre-hopped kit tin is (I think) 1.7Kg.

The weight of fermentables in Beersmith will default to whatever it's set to default to (you set it in tools --> options --> units.....in the 'weight units' row) - on mine I set 0.5kg. If you use a 1.5Kg tin of liquid extract, you change the weight to 1.5kg. A pre-hopped kit tin is (I think) 1.7Kg.
Thanks for that, it got the brew-day details in the right units which was another issue.

I must confess that I'm using Beersmith 3. And after having problems with using the Coopers Extract add-on I stumbled upon this thread. Putting aside the version difference this seemed to be the most relevant discussion.

As you can see from the attached recipe, the colour and bitterness are way of. Who's at fault here? The user or the software?...
Screenshot_20190519-230411.jpeg

Latest posts

Back