Coopers Heritage

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peas_and_corn

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I cannot mash that
Reaction score
What do you all think of Coopers Heritage??

I got a carton of it the other day and the jury is still out for me, and I want to see what other people think about its flavour.

Personally I like it, best beer that Coopers make, but I also love Carlton Black :chug:
But be careful of some replies to this Q, 'cause most HBer's will say it's crap, and not as good as this or that, that they make, or all the imported beers are better.
But it's good too see a beer that none HBer's should like. :blink:

Normell

Yeah, I didn't think everyone will say they like it, but just asking to see what other people thought of it

When I got it I didn't know what to expect, but the word coopers implied a certain flavour I was used to (as I drink pale a lot); and it tastes nothing like it. Definitely the aroma is very different, and the filtering is something of a nice change from what they usually do :D

I was a bit dubious about it at first, but I bought a six pack to my friends' place and grew fond of it after a couple of stubbies :chug:

yeah i like it
i heard someone say it's the only brew they do without sugar, ie- all malt.
i'm also a big Dr.Tims fan.

Ahh so that's what makes it that much different! I like an all-malt beer, it has better body and flavour.

Dr Tims is good, but I don't like the thought that they add sediment to give it the pale-in-a-can look. <_< I would prefer to pay a little maore and get some pale, myself

how many cases do you need before the jury reaches a verdict?

i only had one bottle but i really didnt like it. sweet, flabby, watered down. and i dunno if it's all malt, i thought i remember reading it had 10% flaked maize?

ill stick to the sparkling i think

neonmeate said:
how many cases do you need before the jury reaches a verdict?

i only had one bottle but i really didnt like it. sweet, flabby, watered down. and i dunno if it's all malt, i thought i remember reading it had 10% flaked maize?

ill stick to the sparkling i think
[post="79090"][/post]​

Yeah but don't forget that you are are a home brewer, so any thing is inferior

hahaha
amazing how your beer palate develops
for us poor bottle shop regulars in SA, about 1/2 of all beer space has been taken up with f*"%n RTDs and whoopin big cans of industrial cleaner toilet spray tasting Big BIg bIg cans of shite "Bourbon & Cola" (even the cola is suss) so we're just happy that there's a half decent range of Coopers in the fridges, cause the rest of the beer is ... suss.

Yeah, in the small time I've been brewing I've found that my expectations have risen incredibly. Means more expensiver nights out! :party:

Bought a 6 pack of this last night. I thought it's taste was reminiscent of Leffe Blonde and that's not a bad thing.

Back