Coopers Ginger Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Echo2

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have got a Coopers Ginger Beer fermenting at the moment. Problem is, I am going to Fiji at 5am tomorrow morning.

It's almost ready to be bottled sitting at 1008. I'm thinking it still has a bit of life in it and will drop a few in the next couple of days.

Would it be a problem if I left it to sit in the fermentor until the 16th of July?

Please someone respond ASAP!

If it has been in less than 2 weeks you should be fine.

Have fun.

How long has it been in the fermenter? I'm a newbie so don't take my advice as gospel, but from what I've read here, 3 weeks in the fermenter isn't a problem for normal beer and I'm guessing ginger beer should be the same. So if it's been down for no more than 10 days, it should be OK. Put it somewhere cool which I imagine won't be an issue in NZ in July :p and bottle when you get back.

No problem at all I have left beer in primary for up to 2 months with no signs of autolysis

Thanks guys, Ill just leave it and bottle when I get back.

That's given me peace of mind :) Could've bottled but then I would of had bottle bombs I reckon.

Cheers all for the replys.

Back