Coopers Ginger Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonydav

Reaction score
I just noticed that I still had a can of Coopers Ginger Beer sitting in the cupboard. What's a good (simple) recipe for it? Was considering just making it up to 11 or 12L and seeing how it goes.

tony

It has artificial sweetener in it so making it to 11L may make it too sweet.

I don't like the coopers ginger beer - too much artificial sweetner that leaves an aftertaste. having said that, i reckon it's best to make it up just as per instructions, however when bottling use some Buderum Ginger Refresher instead of sugar.

Something to keep in mind for next time (buy a different brand). I was intending to put it in a keg as I'll soon be "disposing" of all of my bottles and can fit 8-12 kegs in the fridge.

What carbonation level for ginger beer?

personally i think the carbonation should be fairly high for GB. If you don't want it alcoholic, i've been told you can just add the tin with water up to 18L and carbonate, and it tastes good. Never done it though.

I've done a few of these and yes the sweetness hangs around .
I used a packet of beer emzime in the last brew (2 tins 40lt 3kg dex 100g fresh ginger) and this is much better.
Want to try a morgans next as its been said here they are not so sweet..

Cheers goodluck fnqbunyip :beer:

Back