Coopers European Lager Suggestions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catweazle

Reaction score
Hello fellow brewers. After a bit of advice on making a decent brew with the Coopers European lager tin.

I recently made a lager with the Mexican cerveza kit and it came out quite well, very clean but a little lacking in flavour. For that one I used the CMC tin, BE2, 500g LDME, 25g Galaxy @ 8 min and W 34/70 yeast fermented at 12 degrees.

This time around as mentioned I want to use the lager tin but have Hersbrucker, Amarillo, Cascade and POR (as well as Galaxy & 1 Morgans Saaz finishing packet) hops at my disposal. I will once again be using the W 34/70 yeast. I'm thinking the Hersbrucker hops but can someone suggest how to use these for a decent tasting euro style lager. I don't mind a little bitterness but nothing over the top. I also have carapils and light crystal specialty grains for steeping.

Totally open to suggestions here.

TIA

Did the following Toucan a while back and I was happy with it.
2 x Coopers European Lager Extract kits
500g LDM
Maurivin 497 Lager Yeast 10g (I'm sure the 34/70 yeast will work well though)
Saaz Hops 20g (steeped then added 5 days prior to finishing)
Hersbrucker Hops 20g (as above)

I will second Rohin's reply. I have made it also and it would give you a Pilsener style.

2 x 1.7kg Coopers European Lager
500g LDM
I have dry hopped with 30g Hallertau (your Hersbrucker or Saaz would be suitable also)

Steeping 200g or 300g of light crystal would help also (you may also consider boiling 15g of hops for 15min after draining the steeped wort, then add another 15g hops after taking it off the heat for a further 15min).

Your yeast and temperature are very suitable for this.

Latest posts

Back