Coopers Dark Ale first time brewer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gigantorus said:
Will,

I've been brewing for a couple of years now. I started off doing the Kit & Kilo brews like you are (ie. using coopers cans and Brew enhancers etc.). I've since moved to Extract brewing, which I find I get a much better flavour of beer, as I can introduce additional flavours via steeping grains and hop additions etc.

All of my brews are in the fermenter for a total of 2 weeks, as I'm a weekend brewer and I've never had a problem. I generally dry-hop on Day 8 or 9 (for the last 7 to 5 days of the 14 day period). And I'll bottle on day 14 or 15.

If there is one thing I put a lot of effort into it would be sanitising everything that comes in contact with the brew. Can't emphasise this enough. Doing this poorly can kill all your time, effort and money.

Happy brewing!

Cheers,

Pete
Cheers for the advice bro

Gonna play with the dark ale recipe next winter and do a choc-orange version. Need to do some research on the choc-orange infusing over coming months. May even add some coffee to it as well and make it an orange-mocha dark ale. SWMBO set me the challenge and I love a challenge.

:) Pete

Ended up drinking the dark ale with a mate over the weekend. Didn't taste to bad. Wouldn't put the coopers brew enhancer in anything tho, made it have a cider after taste, I'd give it maybe 4-5 out of 10

Back