Coopers copping Halal hate

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ducatiboy stu

Reaction score
Stumbled across a Facebook page by the Australian Defence League having a good old racist & bigoted spray at Coopers for having Halal certification on its malt products.

Pretty sad that these fuckwits can get away with such utter crap

Im sure coopers are buying 'malt products' and not insisting on them having to be halal approved, but who knows.

The Association is comprised completely by Australian citizens regardless of their walk in life, or cultural background. As an association we do not discriminate against any member. We stand together, with one voice to keep Australia the great land we were all born into. If you believe what we believe then sign up and add you voice today.
Restaurants and fast food chains that do offer halal options should offer non-halal alternatives as well, in order to show respect for other people’s religions, customs, and possible concerns about animal welfare issues (surrounding ritual slaughter). No one should be made to consume halal produce unwittingly, so it must always be labelled – in supermarkets, in restaurants, in schools, and in hospitals – wherever it is available. Free choice in these matters is, after all, a fundamental human right for everybody, not just the Muslim community.
Sharia law makes a fundamental distinction between Muslims and non-Muslims, and the ADL will never allow this sort of iniquitous apartheid to take root in our country. The ADL will therefore oppose sharia appeasement in all its forms, and will actively work to eradicate the sharia-compliant behaviours that are already being adopted, and enforced, in our society.

Wait until ADL members take a closer look at their veg and discover that its both halal and kosher..they'll plotz!

Incidentally, I insist all my food and beverage be haram certified.

vegemite.jpg

All seriousness aside, I chuckle inside, quietly, every time there is a Muslim amongst the group that baulks at a restaurant etc where the food isn't halal. I mean, ffs you want halal chips! Halal apple pie. Squirm away you fool.

Im sure coopers are buying 'malt products' and not insisting on them having the be halal approved, but who knows.
It's halal if it's not expressly forbidden in the qu'aran. Halal doesn't need to be approved as such. Halal also refers to actions in life.

The insistence that they welcome all walks of life as long as they all walk one way of life does not make ADL a bunch of equality loving civil libertarians, no matter how attractively they try and paint themselves. They are a far right group spreading misinformation and fear and encouraging scapegoating.

Not sure why coopers need malt to be expressly halal. It's already halal unless they put pork mince or something in it.
Alcohol made with malt on the other hand...

Yeah, it's a bit rich advertising that your beer is halal. If someone's concerned enough about halal to be checking all their food products, they're almost certainly not going to be drinking alcohol.

Cant really blame company's for going halal.

Who wouldn't want to cash in on muslim dollars. There's potentially a fraction of 2.2% of the population to be had there for the cost of re tooling a stamp.

Yeah, it's a bit rich advertising that your beer is halal. If someone's concerned enough about halal to be checking all their food products, they're almost certainly not going to be drinking alcohol.
It's their malt extract products, not their beer.

Being accused of funding terrorism (as they are by many online commenters, not you Mardoo) just shows the base level of ignorance people like the ADF tap into and exploit. We are a nation of cretins.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/coopers-defends-halal-accreditation-for-maltextract-products/story-fni6uo1m-1226823960243

I worked with muslims for 2 years, fark they used to winge, about everything, so the Kiwi chef organised a full size pig to be cooked hungi style and served it full, layed out on a massive stainless platter, the best moment of my life in that shithole was the look on there faces when we all ran into the food hall right on 6pm. It was chaos with a bunch of aussies, kiwi's and yanks giggling away at their uproar.

But many of them who aren't the arrogant ones (about 2% i've worked out) are really really nice people living in absolute shitholes.

Mardoo said:
They do drink alcohol, alot of them i worked with did, just went they went home to there families they didnt and obviously always acted like they dont. But they do definitely not eat pork, its a big no no pulling the old 'pork meat scattered through chicken in a stirfry' prank, so some of the expats found out....

Why do people get annoyed at this? I mean does it affect the beer? Does it affect the coopers name? Well you really notice a small logo on the bottle?

Great for them , more market share.

2much2spend said:
Why do people get annoyed at this?
Because the ADL are a bunch of bigoted, racist, neo nazis (no.. not Godwin's law... they actually are a far right group with neo nazi tendencies). They bang on about "Muslims" being a threat but what they really mean is people who aren't white.

edit: spelling.

Never even heard of the ADL untill this thread, i must be a lil' young or sumfink...

Wonder if the isoalpha acids are halal certified or the yeast. Or the sugar.

Fact of the matter is, every food item that carries one of these BS ticks / endorsements costs dollars (tens of thousands) that get paid to organisations with dubious backgrounds and at the end of the day every consumer is paying for their certifications.

Its only there malt products that are certified. The reason is because they export the malt to be used in the food industry for bisciits, breakfadt cereals etc. They have had cert for years. If you think Halal cert goes to fund Islam jihad or whatever bullshit then you need to work out which side of the racism fence to be on. It is no different to Kosher, Organic or Vegan cert. It is not made any different to if it was without Halal. I have been in Abbotiors that do Halal killing. All in means is that the animal be killed in a calm humane way and not bludgened to death. They dont have to point to Mecca or do special blessings or such things. Personally I would prefer to eat a Halal killed beast because I know the beast will be killed properly and ultimatly be better quality as the animal isnt stressed and full of adrenaline which toughens the meat. Halal cert is not done by some dubious muslum radical, as is Organic cert is not done by some feral hippie from Nimbin.

This post sure is going to show the closet racists.

How is Halal meat culled, as oposed to the bolt through the brain?
Or the new 'putting them to sleep' method the pig ab's use.

manticle said:
It's halal if it's not expressly forbidden in the qu'aran. Halal doesn't need to be approved as such. Halal also refers to actions in life.

The insistence that they welcome all walks of life as long as they all walk one way of life does not make ADF a bunch of equality loving civil libertarians, no matter how attractively they try and paint themselves. They are a far right group spreading misinformation and fear and encouraging scapegoating.

Not sure why coopers need malt to be expressly halal. It's already halal unless they put pork mince or something in it.
Alcohol made with malt on the other hand...

Pork mince or animals that were dead prior to slaughter or animals that were not slaughtered in the name of an imaginary sky pixie or something...

shaunous said:
How is Halal meat culled, as oposed to the bolt through the brain?
Or the new 'putting them to sleep' method the pig ab's use.
The same. Bolt is acceptable. They then slit the throat to drain the blood. as you normally would.

Latest posts

Back