Coopers Celebration Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up a carton today from the Tonsley for $52. It was the only carton they had, and they hadn't even programmed it into the till yet.

I'm thinking it wasn't even really for sale, maybe it was for the manager? As everywhere else I rang said they'd be getting it next week.

Jameson - Forget the woolies and coles bottlos, try the independents first. Coopers' relationship with the big duopoly is frosty at best.

So how is it? Is it like an APA like we hope, or more like fifty lashes?

Its not a pale ale - its an amber ale. Nothing like Fifty Lashes (thank god - can't stand it.)

Its definitely the hoppiest beer Coopers have brought out, quite tasty actually

Tim Coopers: "...if it proved popular, strong consideration would be given to making it a regular Coopers line."

I haven't tried this yet but sounds like an exciting addition to the coopers range... lets hope that it is popular and they do decide to keep it as a regular brew.

A bit of a pity it won't be sold in longknecks or 375ml bottle rather then 355ml... however not too big a deal for me.
Shame they are downsizing the Vintage ale bottles though... oh well as long as they keep brewing good ales!

Jameson - Forget the woolies and coles bottlos, try the independents first. Coopers' relationship with the big duopoly is frosty at best.
[/quote]

Stopped at every bottle shop on way home from work no joy looks like a case of sparkling it shall be. Found some others along the way tho bws now does Sierra Nevada pale role on next 20% off deal. For anyone that is chasing LC Quiet American there a load at cellarbrations days road lucky the manager wasn't there so I could tell him he's dreaming at $8 a bottle. Ended up in my local little bottlo beside caltax on stafford rd. Said he had it ordered and would save me a carton like he did with the LC quite (Thought I would slip this in as he has some crafts and a top service).

I've downed three of these now, and they get more delicious with each one. First beer I had I thought, 'hmm yeah these are tasty' and by the 3rd one I was thinking 'holy crap these are SENSATIONAL.' Best Coopers beer yet.

For anyone in the Newcastle area, the Bottlo bottleshop near the Albion Hotel at Wickham has this in stock. Just picked some up to try tonight!

I work at the Woolwoths DC in SA, and i have not seen them come in yet. So i would not waste my time looking at BWS or Woolies liquor. A number of Thirsty Camels have them now.

Thirsty camel in Seddon Victoria has it. 20 for a six pack 64 for a slab

Having one I pick up today, is it just me or is it pear city, not getting much else, just overwhelmed with the pear....

Forgot about this, anyone in brisbane seen it yet? Got a 1500ml coopers yeast starter happening right now, should be ready to go tomorrow. Can't wait to have the sweet coops on tap again, seems like a fitting time to do a run of beers on cpa yeast. Makes a great aussie amber ale.

Booooooooooooooooooooo i wanted a 5L cask of strong ale for the 150th celebration.

God almighty, and it's in 355ml bottles only. What happened to the 375ml, Coopers? Do they now have 330ml, 355ml, 375ml & 750ml in the range?

Grrr.. Well, i'll at least try it as it's a new beer.

Looks like the bean counters are getting Coopers to rip us of on the bottle size reduction too. It must be a good beer cause you get less!

24 x 375ml = 9.000L
24 x 355ml = 8.520l

So they are ripping you off by over a stubby per carton! sm_moon.gif

How long before they ram us up the arse into believing the best beers are in 315ml bottles?

QldKev

Dans near me still doesn't have it yet

The whole 355ml thing might be so they can export to USA
I'm of the understanding that they can only sell beer in certain sizes, one of them being 12 F oz (355ml)

Hey at least it's not 330ml !!

Forgot about this, anyone in brisbane seen it yet? Got a 1500ml coopers yeast starter happening right now, should be ready to go tomorrow. Can't wait to have the sweet coops on tap again, seems like a fitting time to do a run of beers on cpa yeast. Makes a great aussie amber ale.
Yamanto Tavern/Harry Brown in Ippy have it. Brissy bottlos are a bit slow on the uptake!

Got mine from the New Whyalla hotel I think it is a Thirsty Camel. $54.00 / carton.
I bought a 6 pack first up at $19.00 and then after tasting could not wait to get back to get a carton.
As with most beers this may not appeal to everyone but IMO it is one of the best commercial beers
I have had in a long while.
Keep it up Coopers!!

Cheers

My six pack tastes like a watered down version of something thatmight have been okay, not hop driven at all.only thing i could recognise is the yeast

My six pack tastes like a watered down version of something thatmight have been okay, not hop driven at all.only thing i could recognise is the yeast

You know we finished our carton of it tonight (been drinking it for a week), and I followed the last stubbie up with an American Pale Ale homebrew - and in reflection the homebrew APA was much more hop driven than the Celebration. I think it has a lot to do with the type of hops used in each as well. EKG/Cascade/Amarillo are no match for POR/Nelson/Centennial used in the CCA. Quantities of hops also have a lot to do with it, the CCA isn't an APA or IPA, but it sure has more hop-driven character than any of the other Cooper's beers have in the past. Keep in mind they do need to appeal to a wider market :)

I understand the market thing but to me it just tastes like their pale except looks darker, just opened another and it tastes like dish water. Could i have a poor 6 pack?

No the hops were hardly mind blowing. It's only been in bottles for a month so I'd say it's just a 'good' beer not a 'fantastic' beer.

IMO Coopers have yeast issues, have had for a while but it's been getting worse over the past 12 - 18 months. 10 years ago the Pale Ale was a MUCH better beer, especially with the yeast mixed in, these days the yeast flavour is harsh and not very good at all. The CCA was the first Coopers carton i've bought for about 3 years..

Got a case yesterday $65 from my local bottlo beside caltax on stafford rd.
Not what I was hopping for but a great beer would buy again if it was on sale/special or I was out and it was one of the limited offerings.
I did find it sweet but with A nice malt character to equal things up. A little more aroma hops and I would of been raving about this beer to everyone. In saying this I have been craving iipas this past few months and my hop tolerance, wants, needs is a wee bit ott.
Is the coopers yeast like a hefe yeast?

Ps. Just MY opinion :)

Back