Coopers Celebration Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

.DJ.

Reaction score
http://www.brewsnews.com.au/2012/05/cooper...elebration-ale/

Coopers Brewery has released a new beer to mark its 150th anniversary.

COOPERS-150-CELEBRATION-ALE-BOTTLE-83x300.jpg

Coopers Celebration Ale is a hops-driven traditional ale with a dark-red hue that is distinctly different in style to Coopers other beers.

It incorporates three different hops varieties  Centennial from the USA, Nelson Sauvin from New Zealand and Pride of Ringwood from Australia  to produce a beer that displays strong estery characteristics

Looks interesting will keep a lookout for this one getting over the Pale and Sparkling.

Booooooooooooooooooooo i wanted a 5L cask of strong ale for the 150th celebration.

God almighty, and it's in 355ml bottles only. What happened to the 375ml, Coopers? Do they now have 330ml, 355ml, 375ml & 750ml in the range?

Grrr.. Well, i'll at least try it as it's a new beer.

Gee, take your skirt off. It's been known for a while now that it would be 5.2% and red in colour

Wonder if they use their yeast for this? Might have to try the coopers yeast in some different styles to see how it goes

It just so happens, I did a tour of the brewery today and got to sample some at the end (along with everything else!)

461d486e.jpg

I didn't ask, but from tasting it, yes it does use the Coopers ale yeast.

Its good - Frank told me the hops that were used but I can't remember. (Centennial and Nelson? I was a bit tipsy by this stage.) It definitely has that signature Coopers-ish taste to it, with plenty of hop aroma and flavour. Not that bitter, I disagree with that article.

Will be out in a couple of weeks I believe

edit- just fully read the OP's post, it seems I was correct with the hops. Incidentally, was also told they are the hops they'll be using for this year's Vintage Ale. This year's Vintage Ale will also be in the smaller bottles. I asked if they were planning to move the rest of their ales to the smaller bottles, was told resoundly 'absolutely not.'

Also it seems there will be Celebration Ale magnums on the market at some stage. Possibly get one free with a carton of Coopers beer.

Can't wait to try this. Goingto buy a coopers longneck tomorrow to start culturing up some yeast.

I got a carton of it yesterday, and am drinking one right now. Its a tasty beer.

550974_10150963823981823_590261822_11903129_741818406_n.jpg

579743_10150963883806823_590261822_11903191_1035414445_n.jpg

Got my carton from Sip N Save Brighton, SA. Only delivered today, unsure if it's available interstate at this moment.

You sure it was a Sip N Save? The closest one is in Glenelg South at the Bay Hotel Motel and they said they haven't got it yet.

Great blog by the way Vortex, a good read!

Does anyone know where this will be available near Gawler/Elizabeth?

My first born, a boy, gets born next week so what better way to celebrate than with a case of Celebration Ale!!

Does anyone know where this will be available near Gawler/Elizabeth?

My first born, a boy, gets born next week so what better way to celebrate than with a case of Celebration Ale!!

That's a great idea!

Though, i'll be in for the larger format bottles.

You sure it was a Sip N Save? The closest one is in Glenelg South at the Bay Hotel Motel and they said they haven't got it yet.

Yeah I got Brighton wrong.. It was Glenelg North actually, on Tapleys Hill Road. Definitely Sip N Save though!

Hmm, hanging out to give this sucker a try. Looks and sounds tasty

I got mine for $55. Id recomend ringing your local before you go. Diffrent places get it at diffrent times. Thirsty camel tea tree gully Had it yesterday (Tuesday) But Modbury Thirsyt Camel said they would have it in on Thursday.

Anyone see this in Brisbane? Dans no, first choice in 3 weeks.

Back