Coopers Carbonation Drops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
interesting idea..how much did you cut off ;)

About 1/3rd.
It's not cut from the top. What I did was to lower the cut out portion, so it measures less sugar.
As it is now, it's fine for Pale Ales etc.
For Milds and Bitters, I use still less, and they still carbonate adequately.

Is there a reason you don't bulk prime Warra? I've still got at least 1 of those scoops but haven't used 1 for years.

Is there a reason you don't bulk prime Warra? I've still got at least 1 of those scoops but haven't used 1 for years.

Tried it once. Didn't particularly like doing it that way.
For me, individual priming seems just as quick, although being retired, time is not a great pressing issue.

Each to their own. :icon_cheers:

i have tried bulk priming also..i have time on my hands also..only time i will do again if i get odd sized bottles

Additionally, the measures are designed to dispense priming medium for 750 mil and 375 mil bottles. That makes it difficult to dispense an accurate measure in 500 mil bottles.

You can buy scoops to suit 330ml & 500ml

From here Grain & Grape

Or HERE

Cheers WoolBrew :icon_cheers:

Highly recommend the simplicity of Carb Drops. The Coopers ones I use are all identical in size and give a precise measurment.
If you want to over complicate it, or cannot afford them, then use one of the other methods.

Back