Coopers Canandian Blonde

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ol_mate

Reaction score
G'Day beer lovers,

Just wondering if anyone has had experiences (good + bad) with the Coopers Canadian blonde - I'm still a fairly new home brewer (but am very addicted to it - didnt know what I was missing!!) .. got a recipe from the coopers website, using brew enahncer 1 and strawberry clover honey - I wanted to add some malt as well, but unsure the qty as I don't wanna make the beer too sickly sweet - anyone got any suggestions how much malt I should use,

thanks

Welcome aboard Ol Mate,
I assume you are talking about DME as your malt. If so just replace the brew enhancer by the amount of DME you want to add. Otherwise the alcohol content will be too high(unless you like a big brew). Adding malt won't contribute to the sweetness per se, it will contribute to alcohol %, mouthfeel and body.

I had a few Coopers Blonde kits when they first came out and it was a good summer drinkin ale if left to age for a couple of months.

Cheers
Roach

Thanks for the welcome, Roach and the fast response !!

Much appreciated, I was hanging off until tomorrow for this one, but I'll make a start now with your info - cheers!!

Welcome ol mate ,

Blonde on tap thats what a bloke needs ..

we're drinking about 200lt a month :chug: up here in the far north
I recon it a great drop for the tropics or the hot dry summer days
down south.....

and yes ageing helps ....

Cheers fnq bunyip

Back