Coopers Brew Enhancer 2

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrewCarey82

"Baron Hardmans" Chief brewer.
Reaction score
Howdy.

Have brought 1 of these for a Coopers real ale.

Contains MaltoDextrin, Light malt and Dextrose, to 1kg, not to sure on the qty's of each.

Does anyone have any experience with this @ all and how where ur results.

Thanks.

Hey

I've made a lot of beers using this, seems to work well, but not sure of the % ages.

I usually add some extra hops and use a good yeast, can't go past it for a quick and easy beer.

Good luck with it.

The contents are:

500g Dextrose
250g Maltodextrin
250g Light Malt

Definitely better than 1kg of dextrose.

Cheers

Also known as Corn Syrup.
It is used to increase body, mouth feel and to improve head retention.

A quick google will give you a more scientific response but unless you are in to that kinda thing, you only need to know what it does to your beer I guess :(

Cheers

Thanks mate, so the coopers would probably be great for lagers, draughts and ales then?

But not so much dark beers like stout.

It's good for pretty much everything, and much better than a kg of sugar or dextrose. Guess it depends on how thick (mouth feel) you like your beer.

Some homebrew shops sell different enhancers for different types of beers by varying the mixure a bit.

Not into all grain brewing myself, but I do know that AG brewers don't use dextrose or dried corn syrup in their beers.

If you want more body, flavour and better head retention in a kit beer, just add a kg of liquid or dried light malt extract.

I've never used the coopers enhancers because I looked at the side and saw how little malt is in the mix. I use malt, and little if no dextrose in my batches, as I like a quite malty beer

Back