Coopers bottles pressure rating?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chefeffect

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the pressure rating of coopers crown seal long necks? I am bottling a tripel today and want to know if the will take over 3 vols.

I don't know the technical answer to that, but I suggest you shoot off an email to Coopers and ask them the question.

After all, they have a sizeable HB products range, and their longnecks are deliberately the best in the business to accommodate homebrewers.

Having said that, I have bottled hefeweizens at up to 3.3 volumes, but into German 500 mil bottles.
I would think the Coopers bottles should be able to take 3 volumes, but it's up to you.

Thanks warra48 I will shoot them an email, and report back. Most bottle are safe up to 3 vol I would assume the coopers could take more as they are designed for bottle conditioning and HB as you mentioned.

damoninja said:
Whip out your pressure gauge and air compressor. You'll soon find out.
Sorry I am not a lemming lol

Still no reply from Coopers :unsure:

damoninja said:
Whip out your pressure gauge and air compressor. You'll soon find out.
I was thinking the same.

Make sure you wear a safety vest when you do it. Dont want you getting hurt

Ducatiboy stu said:
I was thinking the same.

Make sure you wear a safety vest when you do it. Dont want you getting hurt
I was thinking more like keep the gauge on the compressor end, pop the bottle in a wheelie bin close the lid and slowly release watching the gauge.

No risk of getting hurt there, I guess just make sure the hose is tough enough to take a glass shard.

You still need a safety vest.

You could always do it in the shower cubical of your wheelie bin is full.

Ducatiboy stu said:
You still need a safety vest.

You could always do it in the shower cubical of your wheelie bin is full.
You reckon? No way glass it getting through the plastic of a wheelie bin.
I'd say safety glasses regardless of any measures taken.

But ultimately I was joking and think it's a bloody stupid idea :p

I was actually ( still am ) trying to work out a cap with an air fitting. I can imagine the bottle can hold a lot of pressure so a good cap is needed...mmmmmm....I think I worked it out.

Watch this space

Latest posts

Back