Cooking With Beer On Sbs Food

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwd

Awful Ale Apprentice
Reaction score
Found a few recipes for cooking with beer on SBS website one features JS Lager.Link to SBS

SBS seemed to have done a deal with JS, they feature their range of beers in a couple of their Thursday night foodie shows. With Peter Karavita pairing it with his dishes etc.

As much as I hate product placement in television, I suppose if it introduces more of the great unwashed to different styles of "craft" beers and what can be done with their flavours it has then it can only be a good thing.

SBS seemed to have done a deal with JS, they feature their range of beers in a couple of their Thursday night foodie shows. With Peter Karavita pairing it with his dishes etc.
yeah, they appeared to be during the ad breaks during "island feasts" - very sneakily done. the only time I saw him use beer during the actual show though it was home brew.

As much as I hate product placement in television, I suppose if it introduces more of the great unwashed to different styles of "craft" beers and what can be done with their flavours it has then it can only be a good thing.
Totally agree. They're pretty tasty sounding dishes too. Bit of a fan Peter Karavita as is - would have never considered eating/cooking Sri Lankan cuisine if it wasn't for his tv series.

Back