Converting Promash Recipes To Beersmith

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Yesterday was a bit quiet at work and I needed a challenge.
I've written the majority of a conversion program to convert Promash recipes (when exported in .txt format) to a format that can be imported into BeerSmith.

I have to tidy up the code a little, and I haven't done the mash and water sections yet, but before I spend anymore time on it is anyone interested in such a conversion program ?

Beers,
Doc

Doc said:
it is anyone interested in such a conversion program ?
strewth mate, is a bear catholic???

gimme that conversion NOW!!

Yep Doc that would be the dogs nuts !!!!!!

I would love one too Doc

Yep, I'd like one too.

Thanks Doc.

Shawn.

Alright. First Beta is available.
Email me on [email protected] and I'll forward it out tonight.
If you are running an old Windows OS (eg Win95/98/NT4.0) you will need to install Windows Scripting Host available here

If you have Win2k, XP etc you will already have it.

Beers,
Doc

Now up to Beta A.2
This conversion util also now has the support of Brad Smith from BeerSmith.

Quite a number of updates and changes from the first release including:

* Fixed the Colour Rating of Grains for source recipes in EBC and Lovibond measurements
* Fixed the addition of Style Parameters
* Fixed the help comments for the script name
* Fixed the Water Profile
* Converts Recipes that are in lbs and oz's into metric units for import to Beersmith

Still left on the todo list is multi step mashes.

Contact me using the details in the previous posts if you want in, and are willing to test it for me.

Beers,
Doc

The Gold Beta of the Promash to BeerSmith recipe converter is now available for testing and now supports multi step and complex mash schedules. Also a number of other bug fixes.

It will convert recipes exported as text from Promash to BeerXML format for import into BeerSmith v1.3 or later.

The conversion utility uses Microsoft Windows Scripting Host which can be downloaded from here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...ang%3Den&e=7634

You can download the Gold Beta of the Promash to BeerSmith Recipe Converter from http://users.bigpond.net.au/doctor/apps/pm2bsm.vbe

Please let me know if you find any bugs and send me the recipe file you were trying to convert. If no bugs are found the utility will be available in the future from the BeerXML website thanks to Brad Smith from BeerSmith.

Happy Brewing,
Beers,
Doc

Congratulations Doc,

Top effort. I've only tried the conversion in a limited sense but worked flawlessly for me.

Steve

Latest posts

Back