Conversions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peas_and_corn

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I cannot mash that
Reaction score
How do i convert pounds/ounces to kilos/grams??

I heard that it's 2 pounds to a kilo; is that accurate??

I got a bunch of recipes off beersmith that look good, but they make little sense in imperial.

peas_and_korn said:
How do i convert pounds/ounces to kilos/grams??

I heard that it's 2 pounds to a kilo; is that accurate??

I got a bunch of recipes off beersmith that look good, but they make little sense in imperial.
[post="85247"][/post]​

For a really quick conversion google is your friend.

On the Google search page (or their toolbar) just enter X lb in kg (where x is the number of pounds) and it will give you the equivalent kg measure. If you don't know the abbreviation for a measure you can use the fill name so x ounces in grams will work too. Works for all common solid and liquid measures and som obscure ones as well plus temperature.

Cheers
Dave

Airgead

that is great info. I use google constantly and that is another lovely feature. :D

Cheers
Stuart

and the takeover of the world by google continues...

oh well... at least it's not yahoo! :p

Wortgames... had a look at the table... what the hell is going on there??

If you have a good look at it, it's a brewer's quick reference. Just find the value you have, and read across to find the value you want.

It also has a carbonation table, hydro temp corrections, common temp ranges, and an alcohol calculator.

I reckon it's awesome, but maybe I'm biased...

Nice one Wortgames. I do need a quick reference card and this looks just the shot. Thank you. :beer:

Back