Controlling Robobrew with Craftbeerpi

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe you could just solder the 8 pin ribbon cable to a flush mount 8 pin female connector. Then solder the other end of the ribbon cable that goes to the robobrew display to a flush mount 8 pin mail connector. Make a jumper wire that plugs both together on the out side of the the robobrew. Then when you want to control the robobrew with craft beer pi you take the jumper out and hook your craft beer pie to the female 8 pin connector. Label the connectors out and in and make sure they are IP6 rated.

I'm going to be working on this again.
I'll post my results.

The 8 wires can be used with the Raspberry pi with a relay board to isolate the two different voltage sources.
Ill be wiring mine up on Thursday.
I successfully turned the elements on and off with out the robobtew controller using the existing Power Control Board.

I have completed my modification to my Brewzilla 65L. I am controlling it with Craftbeer Pi 4.0. It will maintain a mash temp with +-.5 F
Very happy with the interface and that I can connect to it with my phone or tablet.

Well done, can the craftbeer pi control the pump?

I've just converted my Guten 70 ( basically the same as brewzilla 65) with a SmartPID and it is accurate and trustworthy. I can dare to leave it alone and just wait for the brewfather alarms to go off for raising malt pipe etc.

Well done, can the craftbeer pi control the pump?

I've just converted my Guten 70 ( basically the same as brewzilla 65) with a SmartPID and it is accurate and trustworthy. I can dare to leave it alone and just wait for the brewfather alarms to go off for raising malt pipe etc.
I haven't set it up yet to control the pump. I used brewzilla's existing PCB for the control with Raspberry pi. I am going to add the pump control at a later date. I can't see me ever wanting to use the brewzilla controller so eventually I will control each element separately and not even use the PCB from brewzilla.
My system is also compatible with brewpi. I have one Ethernet wire I can interchange between the two systems depending which one I wan t to brew with.
Is it hard to set up the communication between brewfather? I have only set up my Tilt hydrometer with brew father so far. Nothing else.

@gusterminator

I'm not sure about craftbeerpi and brewfather, it was easy on the SmartPID.

Have you seen this thread?

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/craftbeerpi-raspberry-pi-software.569497/
But I'd also look at this thread which is run by the maintainer of brewpi remix, you may have found it already. They should see you right with all your developments.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/brewpi-remix-–-what’s-old-is-new-again.687633/
or steer you on a new course.

I'm trying to find out if there's a way to control the pump speed rather than just throttling the output with a valve. Haven't done a lot of looking yet.

Latest posts

Back