Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Common sense... well, if you don't have any, you won't understand.

Now, you may not agree with me, and you are free to have your opinions, and you are free to move to China to live in your utopia. But I'm sure, if you use what little common sense you may retain... you'll see the error of your ways.
[/QUOTE]

Einstein defined common sense as the "collection of prejudices acquired by the age of eighteen." You show right he was.

When I was a lad, a family friend, (wealthy multible business owner) was wingeing to my dad about how much tax he was paying. On the way home that night, I remember dad saying, " I wish I had to pay that much tax! ". He was an account, so he'd worked out how much money our friend cleared. Like many political issues, it boils down to what sort of society we wish to live in. Of our freedoms and social conditions we must be ever vigilant because they are not a given. They are the result of the sacrifices our fore-fathers made. Is Saskatchewan where Bigfoot comes from?

Taxes on Booze
Taxes on Gasoline
Taxes on Air
Taxes on Income

I hate taxes!
State sanctioned theft!

The whole WORLD is going crazy.
I miss the days when Common Sense ruled more often than not.

Christ almighty... yeah...What have the Romans ever done for us!?..

If you've ever wondered why when you look at old! English buildings you see what was obviously once a window that's been bricked in it's because the government introduced a "window" tax, fer fks sake, they taxed THE SUN!
I don't have a problem with tax, it's necessary for a huge number of reasons, but I do have a problem with the government squandering the money collected.
UK has a road tax (think rego) no prob with that, the roads have to be maintained, but when you find out that 97% of it goes to the armed forces, and there's bloody pot holes everywhere (which caused the death of a motorbike riding friend of mine) then I get a little irate, and here the new commonwealth car fleet is going to be BMW's? 2Yrs or 80,000k warranty? What's wrong with Kia's 7trs unlimited k's warranty? Oh no, we can't ride in something common.
Having lived in PNG I know just how bad governments can be, but just because we're not as bad as them doesn't make us good, compare yourself to the best, not the worst.

Has any one else noticed how amiable the tax office has become? Any calls or texts are always on a first name basis.
Gone are the days when one would be called in and interrogated Gene Hunt style.

ome
Has any one else noticed how amiable the tax office has become? Any calls or texts are always on a first name basis.
Gone are the days when one would be called in and interrogated Gene Hunt style.

Amiable and then some. My business just received some of that very welcome 'stimulus' cash. I think somebody over there spiked the water coolers with MDMA.

Back