Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah me neither. No avocado's in the wasteland, soils gone sour.

If anyone should be encased in body plaster it’s Droid.
Please, please stay indoors and away from all others. :)

I love sw and mm but both recent offerings were as dumb as Trump

What the **** is kylo ren?
Why does everything blow up in mad max?
Why is that redheaded villain so pathetic? Did he lose his handbag?
So many whys.

The inside goss is that someone shat in said handbag, that’s why he’s cranky.
Haven’t seen the latest SW but will....I’m a fan.

Kylo Ren is Han and Leia's son. In a strange piece of casting they hired an actor that looked entirely unlike them both. I agree his character is sort of crap, I still don't see any reason why he would turn to the dark side, or choose to emulate his Grand Father who turned away from the dark side. (In a very catholic move recanting on his death bed!) and yes that red headed villain "General Hux" crappy name and all doesn't do much, as I said I'm hoping the payoff for a film that just advanced the story a little is in the next film.
As for Fury Road I'm pretty sure the screen play read as follows. "They drive into the desert for some reason amidst lots of shit blowing up turn around and come back to where they left from amidst more shit exploding The End." I felt dumber for having watched it and yet for some reason it rates highly on rotten tomatoes and imdb.

I know his lineage but I still have the same question. Maybe he wagged special ed classes.

Yes to your review of FR. Even more shameful that Tom Hardy agreed to be in it because I reckon he's generally great.

Ahh then watch Taboo on Netflix
Taboo was made by and stars Tom Hardy it’s pretty damned good.

My feelings are hurt, I really liked Fury Road.
+1. The 'story' of Fury Road is cars drive around in the desert and shit gets blown up. If that's the expectations you went in with, it was actually pretty good.
As for Star Wars, I sensibly gave up on it after Episode 1.

Last edited:
I know his lineage but I still have the same question. Maybe he wagged special ed classes.

Yes to your review of FR. Even more shameful that Tom Hardy agreed to be in it because I reckon he's generally great.
Even more eye rolling is just how much praise and credit Hardy got for the lamest lack of acting and dialog roll I've ever seen him play. He has shown so much more talent in other rolls that don't get any were near as much recognition if any.
But I still liked the new Mad Max even it it was more like Marvel style. Enjoyable nonsense.

This was so much better than that Par Lap movie. Mad Max was dead to me after version 2. Tina Turner? Soundtrack? Get fucked..

but the new one throws some colorfull words. Confacimus! Shlanger! Smeg! um, cant remember many more but funny reading the character names in the credits.

How ******* lazy teenage kids are these days!! My daughter turns 15 on the 24th but won’t walk to her friends house and home again who lives about 700m away... Gave the old “when I was your age” tale (which is actually true though!) that when I was her age I used to walk about 3-4kms to my mates house just go for a fish down the river or ride the motorbikes etc. Pisses me off the most that the missus caves in to it all and chauffeurs her around.

Maybe it’s just a ******* female thing??!!

How ******* lazy teenage kids are these days!! My daughter turns 15 on the 24th but won’t walk to her friends house and home again who lives about 700m away... Gave the old “when I was your age” tale (which is actually true though!) that when I was her age I used to walk about 3-4kms to my mates house just go for a fish down the river or ride the motorbikes etc. Pisses me off the most that the missus caves in to it all and chauffeurs her around.

Maybe it’s just a ******* female thing??!!

700m! Shiiiiit.

I hear you. A mate & I used to ride out bikes 7km across Toowoomba from Harristown to the range shopping centre up a big bloody hill just to look in the hobby shop at shit we couldn’t afford. I wonder what would have happened to me if I’d have asked for a lift there...

Mate in that 1400m round trip get on the web & buy yourself a home brew related treat & take the edge off.

Ahhh... back in the good old days. 12km to school on a pushy for us (single speed), at -6 degrees in winter. By the time we got to school, if we had just showered - our hair was covered in ice. No helmets of course.

The old man reckoned he was driving the tractor by the age of 8, had his two front teeth knocked out by the hand crank kicking back. and a wrist broken. Reckoned he never stayed home from school when sick because the farm work was harder than going to school anyway.

Back