Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:thumbsdown:Whatever it was (is) I do not recommended it.
On the upside, I have now an excuse not to attend numerous mother group tea parties.
On the downside. I cannot pick up my beautiful daughter for fear of infecting her.

**** auspost and their slowness, items ordered online from a NZ company picked up by DHL and sent to Brisbane, cleared customs and in DHL sorting facility then passed on to auspost for final 65kms delivery, all within 13hrs.......auspost 3 days to deliver WTF!!!
:question:
:thumbsdown:

**** auspost and their slowness, items ordered online from a NZ company picked up by DHL and sent to Brisbane, cleared customs and in DHL sorting facility then passed on to auspost for final 65kms delivery, all within 13hrs.......auspost 3 days to deliver WTF!!!
:question:
:thumbsdown:
Would be asking DHL for a refund .

Why? It's not DHL's fault that Aus post are slow as a wet week. It is annoying though, if I order stuff inside Australia it normally gets to me in a few days which is fine but overseas mail takes fuckin ages. Gets into Sydney in like two days then another week or more to go from Sydney to Brisbane. Ridiculous.

Where are you fastway can deliver on the same day so why is DHL using snail mail must be getting very cheap.

In Brisbane. I dunno, any DHL packages I've had have been delivered by DHL, or if they are given to Aus Post they usually get to me the day after Auspost picks them up.

Yep, had an item take 36 hours from ordering to get from the UK to Syd. Then it took 5 days to get to Canberra.

Auspost needs to be burned to the ground and rebuilt by people who aren't touched in the head.

Its more AustPost in NSW. The Sydney operation has long been a basket case. Rest of Oz in pretty good.

Being stuck at bloody work for a 12 hour day on your last day before having 2 months off and sitting here waiting for a job all day!! Don’t mind having a relax every now and then but **** me, this is just shit!! Send us home already, there’s no bloody leaks! (Work at a power station, just had a major outage and we’re commissioning it to run again so you lot can brew beer.... you’re welcome!! Haha.)

Why on earth did you sign up for ten days?

Next year have a break if it won't get you murdered, then limit to two full days, one night, the following year. Or two nights but leave first thing on the third day.

Getting totally schnitzel in these situations is a bit of a double edged sword. It sounds like a good idea... until people start saying what they actually think of each other.

See this is where I get grumpy. By the time my good beers have gotten to this stage, too many QA tastings mean there's about 2 or 3 left, if even that many. Currently have 1 of each of my Biere de Garde and Baltic Porter left, right when I stopped testing them about 3 months ago is when they really hit thewir straps.
Brew double batches for the good stuff. Saves so much heartache down the track

I deliberately left all my brews at home whilst I go away to the coast. At least that will give them one more week to condition than they otherwise would have had

Back