Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just spent an hour with the wife after the MIL rang to say they won't be coming for Xmas lunch after all because her brother decided to stay with his family at his place so MIL and FIL will do the same. I understand why she is seething about the reorganisation of the event but I'm doing farkin cartwheels. Day at home all to ourselves. Kids in the pool. Eat what we wanna eat and when we wanna eat it. Drink what we wanna drink and as much as we want. Zero downside for me.

I love Christmas. Good weather, parties, early knock off if things arent on, beach holidays and (most) people are in a good mood.

The **** is wrong with y'all??!

I'm not completely against Christmas. I get to wake up on Christmas morning with all of my kids and see them open their presents.

That's really all I could wish for.

We had our pub social club Xmas party yesterday..

And afternoon of BBQ lunch and free beer from 12:30 till it ran out about 5pm...

It was hard to handle but I had a go at drinking my fair share of beer

My Brother gave me an "old man alert" for a comment I made earlier today and it's made me think I'm a whinging prick.
It's true, the older I've got the more things piss me off.

Every day.jpg

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house everybody felt shitty even the mouse...
Mom at the whore house and dad smoking grass I'd just settled down for a nice piece of ass...
When out on the lawn I heard such a clatter I sprung from my piece to see what's the matter...
Then out on the lawn I saw a big dick I knew in a moment it must be Saint Nick...
He came down the chimney like a bat out of hell I knew in a moment the fucker had fell...
He filled our stockings with pretzels and beer and a big rubber dick for my brother the queer...
He rose up the chimney with a thunderous fart the son of a bitch blew the chimney apart...
He swore and he cursed as he rode out of sight piss on you all and have a hell of a night !!!

Missed our work Xmas party - it's designed for the institutionalised permanents who are biding time until retirement. Most of them still on the old super scheme where they get 2/3 of finishing salary for the rest of their life.

The rest of us temps and casuals are out in the fields to doing the work.

Missed our work Xmas party - it's designed for the institutionalised permanents who are biding time until retirement. Most of them still on the old super scheme where they get 2/3 of finishing salary for the rest of their life.

The rest of us temps and casuals are out in the fields to doing the work.
Old super scheme when can they retire a lot of public servants on old scheme getting out at 55 good for unemployment figures but not for government debt .

Just spent an hour with the wife after the MIL rang to say they won't be coming for Xmas lunch after all because her brother decided to stay with his family at his place so MIL and FIL will do the same. I understand why she is seething about the reorganisation of the event but I'm doing farkin cartwheels. Day at home all to ourselves. Kids in the pool. Eat what we wanna eat and when we wanna eat it. Drink what we wanna drink and as much as we want. Zero downside for me.

I was considering skipping Christmas this year as far as the family lunch.

My dick head sister in law then said there will be no prawns because it ruins the main meal, that pushed me a bit closer.
Then mother in law said no cigars this year because they stunk.
This was the last straw so I told them all we aren’t coming.

I will be sleeping in, eating all the prawns I want then sitting back with a cigar and a beer or 10.
**** it.

First day I've been able to sit and watch a full day's cricket and Perth decides to turn on some shitty weather... fuckin bullshit!

My in laws turn for Christmas this year. MIL passed away last week.
Last year we didn't visit my parents place for Xmas because we had a 2week old baby and didn't want to throw her in the car for 4 hours.
This year we going to the in laws (their turn) and my family is spitting chips cause we won't be at theirs for Xmas, thinking cause last year we didn't make it they probably think automatically changes to the next year.
Zero respect from my family, before and after MIL passed.
I used to love Xmas, now I don't.

Old super scheme when can they retire a lot of public servants on old scheme getting out at 55 good for unemployment figures but not for government debt .

Good for those that are on it, but at least they could do some bloody work before they go ... bastards. All us casuals and temps get the work done now while they sit around clock watching.

Thats a very good Xmas present..

When I was forced to visit the outlaws I always found lots of beer helped ease the pain

My in laws turn for Christmas this year. MIL passed away last week.
Last year we didn't visit my parents place for Xmas because we had a 2week old baby and didn't want to throw her in the car for 4 hours.
This year we going to the in laws (their turn) and my family is spitting chips cause we won't be at theirs for Xmas, thinking cause last year we didn't make it they probably think automatically changes to the next year.
Zero respect from my family, before and after MIL passed.
I used to love Xmas, now I don't.

Sorry to hear about your MIL.

Whingers...
I've had to put up with the MIL/FIL at my partners step sisters Christmas party last weekend, then have to back up again with them on Christmas day.

Since we're on the topic of MILs and turd families..

My MIL has gotten in touch with the ******* child of her ex-husband, who by every indication isn't actually the ex-husband's son and is more likely the son of the guy the ex-husband's mistress cheated on him with. Yes that's right, this kid is a ******* within a *******. Bastardception.
So it's likely this son is in no way related to the MIL - but she's reached out to him over Facebook, invited him to my house for Christmas, along with her terrible self and terrible husband.

And this son is weird. Reached out to my missus, saying he's her long-lost half brother, she figured he must be, not knowing of the deeper bastardry - when she learned of it she suggested a paternity test (surprisingly cheap), he refused but continued to try pushing the relationship. Wifey starts getting a little freaked out - mostly since this guy started messaging her upwards of fifty times a day - and that was five years ago, she hadn't spoken to him since.

Had I known this was coming I would've brewed something MUCH stronger than my usuals for the day. MIL is an alcoholic too, so I'll have to watch my kegs. Ergh.

Back