Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're not suggesting that any potential tender process, complete with taxpayer dollars, was a complete farce?

Certainly not good Sir, I was quite simply.....alluding to extraordinary and indeed amazingly quick and efficient prior planning in the SA State Gubnment, therefore ensuring that what the people want gets pushed through with the least amount of fuss, red tape is introduced to the office shredder and all are happy here in the state of South Australia!

I would make a great pollie, I’m so full of shit my eyes are turning brown.
Check the eyes of the former Premier Mike Rann and Treasurer Kevin (Folly) Foley.

I'm no fan of 'Lock it in Eddie', but that's kinda like what I wrote earlier about people looking for things to get offended about.

I cant keep up with all these relevant rants!

Do your local councils not have noise pollution regulations??
On which planet? Have you ever tried? Just saying. Many responses you get from an enquiry about noise pollution try to palm you off to try a 000 call. That in itself really pisses me off! Its like throwing the situation on you to make one of those Non Emergency 000 calls which I personally despise the kinds of people who make those lame non emergency calls when someone else is out there with a real problem etc.

Re barking dogs, this sort of device is available, but I have no experience with them. Bit exxy, but if it gets the job done...

http://www.aussiebarkcontrol.com/do...MI_rPDi5ny1wIVFQYqCh24MQ47EAYYASABEgJC0_D_BwE

I bought an EBay cheapy for sfa, a hand held one it had a range of about 20-30 metres, it worked when I pointed it directly at the neighbors dogs.
It worked so well they packed up and fucked off!
Only to be replaced by new tenants with 2 dogs, then bugger me a young couple moved in across the road with.... yep 2 dogs, now their dogs barks if a mouse farts and what do they do.
Give you 1 guess.
10 pm bark, 12:00 midnight same,2:00 am,4:00am ,6:00am. Set my watch by them.....
Chanting, ohhmmmmm ohhmmmm, must not throw rock through large lounge room window at 3:00am......ohhhm,ohhhmm.
Lazy *****.

Good to see leftest lickspittles JJJ still fawning to minorities.
*Yes I realize 60% of their groupthink audience voted for it.
**If they like democracy so much, lets put it to the public weather or not JJJ is a good use of taxpayer dollars. Fair enough, cobbers?
Parasites.

Political correctness gone mad.
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...hottest-100-from-australia-day-after-protests
I think I might might be doing the 21st Century wrong.

I'm not even annoyed by the fact that the Hottest 100 was on Australia Day in the first place, let alone how little I care that it's been moved. People who aren't satisfied with the gender they were born don't affect me when they change and neither do people who don't like it when they change. I can't get interested in the fact that gay people can marry nor that religious people don't want to marry them. It seems totally underwhelming to me that people want to come to this country and vanilla that people want to preserve their culture.

I can't even make myself care that I miss out on all this outrage. I guess I'm not a fashionable kind of person. But hey, fashion is for people without any style.

Shit, I can't even rant properly......
Nah I'm with this too. What does piss me off is the Multicultural Anxiety emotional overload. There is an entire Counrty to be run with millions of issues to be dealt with and when I listen to Parliament to here whats going on all I here is GLBTQIA? So thats one minority? or 7? Did I get that right it seems to be a growing thing. is that it? its 7 monorities that carry so much weight to consume so much politics? I am truely confused about this one. As well as so much anxiety on this utterly oxymoron of equality pfff. If your not of the 1% or higher you are on the 99% low end of squabbling fools.
Yeaheah!!! Equality!

I'm sure Staffys are good dogs if they have good owners, but good Staffy owners don't seem too common. At least in my neck of the woods.
The poor buggers seem to be a status symbol for losers.

I had 2 of them charge across the road at me while walking my dogs and a mates dog that I'm minding. I've got a Kelpie/Dingo cross and a Poodle, my mates dog is a Chiwawahaha terrier cross.
I was wearing my steel caps and felt like stomping mullet boy with them when he eventually put down his ice pipe to come and get them.

Re barking dogs, this sort of device is available, but I have no experience with them. Bit exxy, but if it gets the job done...

http://www.aussiebarkcontrol.com/do...MI_rPDi5ny1wIVFQYqCh24MQ47EAYYASABEgJC0_D_BwE
I spent $300 + on a sonic thing supposed to deter birds, dogs, possums etc. My parents come here with their dogs and they seemed to like to relax and slumber directly under that sonic thing. Its been running for years now and possums will eat my hops in its beam. Birds drop in etc. So if it works at all its very minor and wont stop any animal.
I think mine was made from the makers of Roo Shu. I can here it clicking but its just not powerfull enough IMO. I think if it was powerfull enough to deter animals it would be an annoyance to people as well. May cause insanity or something...

I'm sure Staffys are good dogs if they have good owners, but good Staffy owners don't seem too common. At least in my neck of the woods.

I had 2 of them charge across the road at me while walking my dogs and a mates dog that I'm minding. I've got a Kelpie/Dingo cross and a Poodle, my mates dog is a Chiwawahaha terrier cross.
I was wearing my steel caps and felt like stomping mullet boy with them when he eventually put down his ice pipe to come and get them.
So true! Staffies, are one of the best and finest dogs in the right hands. In the hands of irresponsible dysfunctional's then they can/will develop into something that should be put down. Sad fact.
I think like gun control there needs to be some kind of qualifying criteria to own certain breeds of dogs. Then again I think there should be some kind of qualifying criteria for human breeding too!

All this talk of spam..... I now feel like a devilled ham on toast. Or anchovette.
Hope they still make it because i am just about to ask the shopper why we haven't had develled ham in the cupboard for probably ten years.

Nothing like nailing said pet out on floor boards

Mate used to make a fortune doing fox and cat skins
Strongly worded letters have been written and sent to neighbours, councils, the man in the moon.

All to no avail.

The council ranger who used to come round and give her a talking to told us that "you might as well give up, we can't even close down the illegal boarding kennels in galston. There's no chance of a result here".

Nailing the damn animals to her front door by the ears would perhaps get the message across...

Actually, no... It's not their fault. It's hers. Cruelty to the animals is't the answer to an irresponsible owner. .

Nailing her to her front door by the ears so the vicious picks can eat her when they get hungry might get the point across.

Dear Neighbour

As much as I am an animal lover at heart, I must voice my displeasure at your dogs constant barking.

If you are unable to control your cherished pets barking then I will be forced to kill it with my bare hands out the front of your house and nail the carcass to your front door

Regards
Your loving neighbour

I think I might might be doing the 21st Century wrong.

I'm not even annoyed by the fact that the Hottest 100 was on Australia Day in the first place, let alone how little I care that it's been moved. People who aren't satisfied with the gender they were born don't affect me when they change and neither do people who don't like it when they change. I can't get interested in the fact that gay people can marry nor that religious people don't want to marry them. It seems totally underwhelming to me that people want to come to this country and vanilla that people want to preserve their culture.

I can't even make myself care that I miss out on all this outrage. I guess I'm not a fashionable kind of person. But hey, fashion is for people without any style.

Shit, I can't even rant properly......

I feel the same indifference towards sport, Tibet's independence and the i Phone X.

1979, that must have been back in the days when people could get a laugh out of religion, gender bending and race, not allowed to make innocent throw away remarks nowadays without causing a deluge of complaints to channel 9 from the self righteous .
https://www.9news.com.au/national/2...guire-in-hot-water-over-anti-semitic-comments

Not really (in regards to Python). That movie stirred up an absolute hornet's nest of outrage from then contemporary religious figures. You may have seen this (or not):

Staffys are the best. Great family dogs. There are irresponsible animal owners every where. They should be banned from owning animals or having children.

I understand your frustration but don't blame the poor dogs it's the idiot owners, and unfortunately staffys attract fuckwit owners for some reason.

My dog is such a fantastic dog, she's my best mate and wouldn't hurt a fly. Even my Chook's bail the dog up [emoji23].

Good to see leftest lickspittles JJJ still fawning to minorities.
*Yes I realize 60% of their groupthink audience voted for it.
**If they like democracy so much, lets put it to the public weather or not JJJ is a good use of taxpayer dollars. Fair enough, cobbers?
Parasites.

Political correctness gone mad.
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...hottest-100-from-australia-day-after-protests
What, so we can fill the airwaves with more Andrew Bolts?
More Steve Price's?
More "Hits and Memories"?
Love how the Conservatives always regard anything that's not on the "Right" agenda as being minority.
And finish with the predictable catchcry "Political Correctness gawwwnnn Maaaaad!"
Cheers,
Brock

What, so we can fill the airwaves with more Andrew Bolts?
More Steve Price's?
More "Hits and Memories"?
Love how the Conservatives always regard anything that's not on the "Right" agenda as being minority.
And finish with the predictable catchcry "Political Correctness gawwwnnn Maaaaad!"
Cheers,
Brock

No need to straw man my rant with Andrew Bolts, Steve Prices and hits and memories. Who the **** said anything about that?
The ABC is publicly funded ans is politically left. Thats not conservative hyperbole, they're statements of fact.
Let Alan Jones and his obsequious cohorts deny climate change until 2GB / Macquarie Medias car park at Pyrmont floods with sea water, let JJJ hand over the station to a transsexual, vegan, muslim, interpretative dance troupe of Syrian refugees for all the fucks I give.

Podcasts and audio books. There is an alternative.

Latest posts

Back