Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few years ago in Japan, where Xmas is huge, but the traditional meaning, not so much, there was a display in a shop that showed a smiling Santa nailed to a cross. A few wires crossed there...

japanese_christmas_card_engrish.img_assist_custom.jpg

“Lovingness of the big Santa package to children”.... what the ****??

OK, I've been to an end of year Christmas function, and I've had a few, but the message remains.

Stuff the NSW State Gummant for proposing to spend billions of $$$ on upgrading or renewing sports stadiums.
A pox on them for wasting those tax payers dolllars.
If sports can't stand on its own two feet without tax payer input, it deserves to die.
The day that Thugby League and V8 Supercars disappear from the face of the earth will not be a day too soon. Hopefully followed soon after by the Olympics, in ablebodied or alternatively enabled guises.
This.
Apparently, Australians are obsessed with sport! Why then do we have to spend taxpayers' money on it? It's not like there's a couple of other good uses for the limited amount of public money going around.
Maybe, for example, the rugby league players could take a pay cut of a few million dollars each and pay for any stadiums, etc. that way?

This.
Apparently, Australians are obsessed with sport! Why then do we have to spend taxpayers' money on it? It's not like there's a couple of other good uses for the limited amount of public money going around.
Maybe, for example, the rugby league players could take a pay cut of a few million dollars each and pay for any stadiums, etc. that way?

Keep them distracted from the realities of what is being overseen by govts everywhere.

Stuff the NSW State Gummant for proposing to spend billions of $$$ on upgrading or renewing sports stadiums.
If sports can't stand on its own two feet without tax payer input, it deserves to die.
The day that Thugby League and V8 Supercars disappear from the face of the earth will not be a day too soon. Hopefully followed soon after by the Olympics, in ablebodied or alternatively enabled guises.

Golf must be popular at your end of town....away from the Nitro Top Fuel Dragbikes and blokes playing cricket in the backyard on Boxing Day hungover

Any surveyors on here? Some fucker keeps digging a ankle breaking hole on my nature strip and putting his pink spray painted hardwood stake in near it. I keep filling the hole in and every few months he comes back and digs it out. What gives? This has been going on for over a year now and there are no new developments or anything happening anywhere near me. I can see it must be to help him level his tripod but ****, fill it in you arse. Someones going to have a great stack in it one day soon.

Still not over the ladder theft either, almost pranged the car three times today checking out ladders on other work vehicles. Hopefully I get over that soon... This was whilst I was making the two hour round trip to drop my coffee machine off at the warranty repair place. Now no coffee either. Not cool.

Colonial brewing Australian IPA though is fuggin awesome. Solving plenty of problems for me now. And there is something so great about popping the tops of these cans.
FORNT-IPA-Can-Dry-copy.jpg

Sorry about the big pic not sure how I did that. Great beer though...

Solid rant.

Here in Stralia, its more important for the government to be seen to supporting cultural icons (footy, Ford, Holden) as to appear to be 'top blokes'. The latter two being about as native as sushi.
Which reminds me of the time the UFC circus came to town. The irony of NRL fanboy and tabloid sports journalist Ray Chesterton dismissing it as a 'blood sport' and asserting we should never play host to such an event again gave me a real chuckle.

Heres blues captain - and trained fighter - Paul Gallon displaying the self control that makes rugby league such a noble sport. Now I'm no lawyer, but I'd tip if thats how I dealt with the man who run his shopping trolley into my shin at Coles last week, I'd be in the dock.

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2013/06/05/1226658/107413-gallen.gif

paul-gallen-nate-myles-fight.jpg

Privatization put the stadiums up for sale and if the new owners want to demolish and rebuild good the NRL are just pissing money up against the wall with administration.

You have to remember, that the 'experience' eventually wears off, and some new 'experiences' have to be built into the stadium for the enhancement of whichever event you are going to.

The revamped Adelaide Oval is world class but an example of:- built for the rich, corporate pleasure, the free loading politicians and those that can afford the greedy exorbitant prices. Sports arenas are no longer for grass roots people so I say let the big end of town pay and leave the general population with taxing alone.

And keep in mind that every dollar you pay for food and drinks....it just doesn't go to the catering company...the stadium management and govt via their events dept take a direct slice as well. That's why it's so bloody expensive.

Speaking of that. Bloody drop in cricket pitches. As much as I love footy, I do get tired of them dictating what CRICKET grounds do. The MCG pitch was never fantastic but it's worse as a drop in (flat and boring), and so is Adelaide, although it was always more of a batsman's paradise anyway. I liked the old Adelaide oval, it just doesn't seem right with all that modern looking crap. Cricket should be the priority on cricket grounds though, if the footy players don't want to play on it then find another field. I'm glad the Gabba up here told them to stick it, as did the SCG, and they don't seem to have any issues. Permanent wickets are always better for cricket.

I’m not sure about other states but the Adelaide Oval was huge burden upon the tax payer when cricket controlled the oval They contributed nothing as it ran at a loss, other than the members whom seats had to be saved for every event and there usually were more seagulls than spectators at state matches. They (cricket control) wouldn’t even allow a few AFL matches. The snobbery of cricket in SA did have to go.

A sports/Olympic stadium can't last more than 17 years?

I've got underwear older than that.

I went to ACDC at Olympic Stadium 2 yrs ago. It was in pretty good nick back then, and a very impressive building that didnt need much work. Its pretty much just all concrete and besser blocks so not much can go wrong or fall apart

I cant believe that in 2yrs it has become a derelict rat infested shithole that needs knocking down, according to some

I wasn't suggesting they shouldn't play footy full stop at cricket grounds but I just hate drop in wickets. They don't seem to have any issues in Brisbane or Sydney so it shouldn't be an issue anywhere else either, other than somewhere like the WACA perhaps.

I wasn't suggesting they shouldn't play footy full stop at cricket grounds but I just hate drop in wickets. They don't seem to have any issues in Brisbane or Sydney so it shouldn't be an issue anywhere else either, other than somewhere like the WACA perhaps.

Certainly agree with you in not having drop in wickets. No need. Bring the mound back (protect the pitch) for footy etc like was always done, with success.

Doorslammers!
Not the drag cars, they're cool.
If anyone has spent any time in a mine/pipeline/railway camp they know the scumbags of which I speak.
******* doorslammers, this prick in the next room at 9.30 last night, BANG! I was watching the cricket, so Just shook my first at the wall, then 11:30- BANG! STOMP STOMP THUD( dropping his keys) I was asleep and On Call....
Then, what do ya know? 5:13 am this morning FUCKEN BANNNNNG! Shook the bloody room, I couldn't jump out of bed quick enough to get him.
I'll be waiting tonight though...

Back