Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its pretty straightforward actually. Or at least it use to be. Hermaphrodites earn a pass.

I know you don’t have to accept that it’s more complicated than that, but all signs point to yes.

in a local cafe yesterday morning I saw on the counter a basket containing, as the sign stated Gingerbread Persons. FFS. I’m well and truly over all this PC shite, I got a sideways glance when I muttered “ fuckme what bullshit”.

Man accused of headbutting Tony Abbott appears in court they are charging him with Astro Labe, 38 was charged with causing harm to a Commonwealth public official and faces a maximum ten-year jail term if convicted.
Did not know that he was a Commonwealth public official thought he was Tony Abbott MP, Member for Warringah could this be another George Brandis stuff up.

in a local cafe yesterday morning I saw on the counter a basket containing, as the sign stated Gingerbread Persons. FFS. I’m well and truly over all this PC shite, I got a sideways glance when I muttered “ fuckme what bullshit”.
It just goes to prove that being an advocate of political correctness is a self appointed position with no qualifications needed, just the fact that the baker referred a biscuit to be a person surely shows that he, she, or whatever should be in an institution for the "ill at ease"

Apprentice should have made some little gingerbread cock and ball sets.

My grandmother use to do this when she made gingerbread persons. She piped icing boobs on the ladies, and a little todger for the chaps. My five year old self thought it was hilarious.

It just goes to prove that being an advocate of political correctness is a self appointed position with no qualifications needed

Like most so-called advocates really. Most PC/Free speech/for/against same sex marriage/etc advocates are self-appointed, with no qualifications to speak of. Give them a soap box/social media platform/radio/television show and watch them wail to the masses.

My grandmother use to do this when she made gingerbread persons. She piped icing boobs on the ladies, and a little todger for the chaps. My five year old self thought it was hilarious.

He he, do that these days and your shop would be firebombed and you’d be hung down and quartered by some half sucked off fountain of knowledge who couldn’t find its arse in dark.

He he, do that these days and your shop would be firebombed and you’d be hung down and quartered by some half sucked off fountain of knowledge who couldn’t find its arse in dark.

Drawn, not down.

I guess you cant blame bakeries for being on high alert in light of recent events. Who knows what hypersensitive litigious minority group you may tick off with your baked goods.

https://aclu-co.org/court-rules-bakery-illegally-discriminated-against-gay-couple/

I think you'll find that it was the gongerbread man that was hung.

NBN. oh,,,,,,,,,my,,,,,,,,,,,,god.......
So its going to get worse, shittier, slower, failings, non profitable, massive losses, unless we all get slugged much higher prices for something that will never work properly? Is that it? So Libs scrap the labor plan to do it (the Liberal party way) substandard for cheaper then its all going to cost more than the original Labour plan only its a failing piece of shit. Then blame it all on the Labor party. :rolleyes:

Can Australian politics actually get worse? I hate to think that's the progressive direction but seems that way.
Train wreck? with a snow ball effect.
:doofus:

Large IT projects in government literally never go well. The DHS robodebt debacle is another very public-facing one but having worked within govt IT for a decade, I've seen all manner of f*ckups. There is something fundamentally wrong with the system and I reckon it's a lack of accountability - such is the way when you're spending public money instead of your own. It's for that reason I'm a huge fan of outsourcing.. if NBN were delivered this poorly by a private organisation you'd bet they'd actually be penalised for it.

Can Australian politics actually get worse?
:doofus:

What we need is a positive leader, a leader with at least 100 positive policies, and who puts people first. People like me!

1463001811697.jpg

Large IT projects in government literally never go well. The DHS robodebt debacle is another very public-facing one but having worked within govt IT for a decade, I've seen all manner of f*ckups. There is something fundamentally wrong with the system and I reckon it's a lack of accountability - such is the way when you're spending public money instead of your own. It's for that reason I'm a huge fan of outsourcing.. if NBN were delivered this poorly by a private organisation you'd bet they'd actually be penalised for it.

Not sure outsourcing will solve the problem by itself.
The Victorian Myki was outsourced and what happened?
"OOOh! We've run out of money. Can we please have another couple of hundred million$$"
What's needed is properly specced contracts with less wriggle room and milestones with real funding implications.
No delivery = no money, or a significant penalty.
And no bonuses for dragging a project full of shortcuts and compromises over the line on time.

Latest posts

Back