Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
technobabble66 said:
Shouting out a quick **** You to the short-sighted money-hungry douchebags in the AFL that decided to sell exclusive TV rights to FOXTEL.
Perfect night to watch a game.
Not televised on free-to-air.
Great way to expand the game and draw the kids in.
Brilliant move dickheads.

(edited) PS: Sorry to hear about your son, VP. Hope he recovers ASAP. And you get to an IPA very soon as well.
Simple ******* *****. Anyone that thinks cash is the beginning and the end should be recycled. Preferably through a pig's ass.

Mardoo said:
Simple ******* c*nts. Anyone that thinks cash is the beginning and the end should be recycled. Preferably through a pig's ass.
You would need to put through a shredder first before feeding to the pigs would be workplace health and safety issues with man eating pigs look what happened with Hannibal.
The problem with free to air television is the Internet and the NBN do not have the revenue and just think one day Gridiron may become popular can not work out why anyone would watch or play.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Hasnt rained for at least 3 days.....
Hmmmmmm. Tank just ran dry, indicator was stuck at a bit under a quarter. Not the right weekend for that to happen.

Blast and damnation, just arrived home after a week in Perth with the inlaws and Virgin have lost all our our luggage. To top it off somehow the keg fridge was left open whilst away and there's no cold drinks (grumble, grumble)...

Down to the shops quick for some toiletries and supplies.. At least the car started (after sitting for a week, Toyota mechanics who said my battery was deceased were full of shit).

good4whatAlesU said:
Blast and damnation, just arrived home after a week in Perth with the inlaws and Virgin have lost all our our luggage. To top it off somehow the keg fridge was left open whilst away and there's no cold drinks (grumble, grumble)...
Down to the shops quick for some toiletries and supplies.. At least the car started (after sitting for a week, Toyota mechanics who said my battery was deceased were full of shit).
I would consider that an acceptable price to pay for escaping from my in laws.

Edit - Enterprise Actually I would consider a leg and one testicle plus all my clothing to be an acceptable price to pay for escaping after A WEEK with the in laws. I'd be quite tempted to sacrifice at least 3 toes after 5 minutes.

good4whatAlesU said:

A weeks worth would be a cross I could not bear. My threshold, as I recently discovered, is about two days tops, then I tend to develop tics and acute irritability. I'd sooner intentionally infect myself with influenza so to provide a plausible excuse.
My wife says, but its good for the kids to spend time with their grandparents. To which I reply, yeah, but its bad, for me.

The luggage / fridge thing would just be the sour icing on the rancid cake. A man stomping around alone in his garage. Shaking his fist at god.

Christ, I'm lucky then. Takes me two weeks before I snap at my MIL. My FIL, I wanna open a pub with him so we can hang out and get paid to drink. :party:

A week was pushing it for me that's for sure. . only so much a man can take. Once your across the other side of the country there's no easy escape either.

Fortunately the luggage has turned up a day later, beer is chilling and hopefully the keg hasn't picked up an infection. Blood pressure lowering and headache receding. For now.

We are going back at Christmas for TWO weeks.

Edit: You're a lucky man Mardoo.

Dave70 said:
A weeks worth would be a cross I could not bear. My threshold, as I recently discovered, is about two days tops, then I tend to develop tics and acute irritability. I'd sooner intentionally infect myself with influenza so to provide a plausible excuse.
My wife says, but its good for the kids to spend time with their grandparents. To which I reply, yeah, but its bad, for me.

The luggage / fridge thing would just be the sour icing on the rancid cake. A man stomping around alone in his garage. Shaking his fist at god.
The idea is to send the kids to the grandparents...then run away

Perfect excuse not to be around them...dont want to be spreading germs now do we

I try to keep my kids away from my in laws as much as possible. So does the missus.

The Mil has dementia (not the happy, vague kind but the angry, nasty kind) and will spend all day accusing you, her neighbours, the gardener and random strangers of stealing her things because she can't remember where she put them. The day after she will ring and abuse you for never visiting. Visits are obligatory but uncomfortable and distressing all round.

The FIL we haven't seen in 25 years which is a good thing because he is an abusive, alcoholic arsehole. the world will be a much brighter place when he finally shuffles off this mortal coil.

The BIL will spend hours telling you in great detail what an awesome job Pauline is doing keeping the country safe from Muslims and proofters. Two days at Christmas is our absolute limit.

Fortunately the missus shares my view of her family.

Sounds like a nightmare Airgead, can't blame you for not wanting to go there.

My inlaws in comparison are good people - a bit churchy and the whole Catholic rigmarole prior to and during the wedding nearly brought me undone, not to mention speaking to their daughter like she's still 5 years old irritates me. But on the whole (in comparison) I've got it easy.

Airgead said:
I try to keep my kids away from my in laws as much as possible. So does the missus.

The Mil has dementia (not the happy, vague kind but the angry, nasty kind) and will spend all day accusing you, her neighbours, the gardener and random strangers of stealing her things because she can't remember where she put them. The day after she will ring and abuse you for never visiting. Visits are obligatory but uncomfortable and distressing all round.

The FIL we haven't seen in 25 years which is a good thing because he is an abusive, alcoholic arsehole. the world will be a much brighter place when he finally shuffles off this mortal coil.

The BIL will spend hours telling you in great detail what an awesome job Pauline is doing keeping the country safe from Muslims and proofters. Two days at Christmas is our absolute limit.

Fortunately the missus shares my view of her family.
You should **** with his head by asserting more muslims will actually keep us safe from poofters, and taking an anti muslim stance is in reality, a subconscious endorsement of poofters.
Geez..You're not a poofter are ya, mate?

Dave70 said:
You should **** with his head by asserting more muslims will actually keep us safe from poofters, and taking an anti muslim stance is in reality, a subconscious endorsement of poofters.
Geez..You're not a poofter are ya, mate?
Yeah.... I'm not entirely sure he would appreciate the subtlety of that argument.

I could.... Or I could use our current strategy of pretending they dont exist for most of the year and gritting our teeth through 2 days over xmas and desperately trying to steer the conversation away from politics.

North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un does not have any problems anymore with relatives.

Airgead said:
I could.... Or I could use our current strategy of pretending they dont exist for most of the year and gritting our teeth through 2 days over xmas and desperately trying to steer the conversation away from politics.
Yes but you need to repeat that every year.

Back