Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
peekaboo_jones said:
Hey camo,
It's a Holden Adventra LX8 2003.
I disconnect the negative cable on battery and set my multimeter to ohms 10a.
Join the multimeter in series and leave for 5 mins to wait for system shut down. Zero current draw.
A mate has a Tech 2 and we checked the settings, someone had already changed shit down from 60 min to the minimum of 3 mins.
I replaced the alternator yesterday.
Just to tick it off the list. Kept the old one too as the new GM one was about 400 and cheaper than Bosch.
No BCM errors when we plugged the Tech 2 in. Although system has a limit on how many errors it can store.
Sounds like a tricky one. If you're confident the battery and alternator is good it must be drawing current at some stage when idle. Did you try the ammeter on the mA setting and if so did you confirm current flow until shutdown?
Might be a dicky BCM but will be hard to prove without hard faulting the problem. Water in a plug or module perhaps? Bad earth or corroded lead? I remember the 3.8's were prone to this at the alternator terminal.
I used to work up the road from Pace Autoelectrics in Blackburn and would send our starters and alternators to them for repair. You could try them. Wouldn't hurt to give a Holden dealer a go too as they're usually aware of common issues that smaller workshops are unaware of. Hate intermittent problems like this.

Doesn't it just crap you right off when someone advertises to sell something on Gumtree and don't reply to messages sent via Gumtree or after leaving a message on their mobile phone. If you don't want to sell it - tell me (good manners). If you have already sold it, remove the bloody ad.

Thanks, I'm better now. :)

Fuckity **** ****, washing machine died on the weekend. Car had a rock go through the sump on Tuesday and then my partner drove it for 100km without noticing. Not been a good week!

Meant to be taking that car to Canberra tomorrow :(

Nullnvoid said:
Fuckity **** ****, washing machine died on the weekend. Car had a rock go through the sump on Tuesday and then my partner drove it for 100km without noticing. Not been a good week!

Meant to be taking that car to Canberra tomorrow :(
Far out Russ. That sucks balls. What's wrong with the washing machine mate?

Fried circuit board. Probably due to the motor. Problem is, to check the motor need new circuit board, but nothing to stop it doing it again as soon as the new one is in. It's a 15 year old ASKO so even if they still make the circuit board, the cost of that and potential new motor is not worth it.

Who washes clothes these days anyway!

grott said:
Doesn't it just crap you right off when someone advertises to sell something on Gumtree and don't reply to messages sent via Gumtree or after leaving a message on their mobile phone. If you don't want to sell it - tell me (good manners). If you have already sold it, remove the bloody ad.

Thanks, I'm better now. :)
Yes! Dipshits who ignore my message after a week I flag/report their ad in the app so they get reviewed. Annoying.

Nullnvoid said:
Who washes clothes these days anyway!
One method of avoiding washing is to have 2 piles of clothing.
First one is your clean pile.
Second is you dirty pile.
When first one runs out, rename them in reverse order, and start over again.

Don't you just hate it when everything happens at once?
Car needs new cooling shit, kid needs orthodontic plate, wife tore a muscle in her leg (6-8 weeks repair time).

Looking on the bright side, I got a a cheapo cigar box guitar kit from aldi for my birthday last week, and all the above should work nicely into a 12 bar blues riff.

See ya's at Bluesfest.

Yep, just before Christmas, along with a bunch of pedals & other guitars. (including a Telecaster copy!)
Should've picked up the delay pedal, but I'm a huge procrastinator.

The Cigar Box guitar (they call it a blues box) was $29. Fretless, piezo pickup. possibly a maple neck. It even came with a slide.
The only bad thing is the box itself is actually a very dense cardboard! I'll hunt around for a cigarbox one day.

Honestly, it's damn fun. Should be good for camping trips.
I'll post a photo of it soon.

Aldi will have some height adjustable guitar/drum stools in a week or so. Has anyone seen these before and are they decent enough?

peteru said:
Aldi will have some height adjustable guitar/drum stools in a week or so. Has anyone seen these before and are they decent enough?
Saturday 25 February in Brisbane. I don't know if it's the same everywhere else.

They keep threatening they will open an Aldi in my city/town/flyspeck. Happening this year reportably.
Social harmony in this place is at an all time low, but hey, at least I might be able to buy some cheap sheet this year without travelling 500kms. Makes it all worth while.

**** stress.
**** planning a wedding with family drama already.
**** IVF.
**** work.

On the plus side I thought it was funny how the little bar fridge we have is being used for both storing brew stuff and hundreds of dollars worth of drugs... not even the fun drugs I used to do either!
And some cockles I forgot about in the freezer section now that I think of it

tmp_21677-Screenshot_20170227-204846661956978.png

Yeah, those drugs are fucked when it comes to mood swings and keeping sane. Turns a princess into a savage dragon!

Think of it as entry level exam, because if it all works out in the end and you get what you wish for, you'll have many years of just as much stress, but caused by a much noisier and messier person.

Back