Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dubbel post.

And then deleted a new rant on Ignorance in Islamaphobia. I just can't be bothered flaring a debate on it. I just find it so damn depressing how deeply ignorant so many Australians are - including the educated ones - and the level of willingness to be reactive rather than constructive.
Doomed to repeat history, I'm afraid.

I wish. They're just down the hall ATM. Maybe one of these on the inside of their door:

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1482372954.033609.jpg

Mardoo said:
Yeah, I always used to say that without the drama all that's left is TV and the cats.

However, watching my MIL stir up shit between my wife and her sister - who already have a difficult relationship - just shits me to tears. There's no need to create unnecessary turmoil. Necessary turmoil, of course ;) Unfortunately, with their mother doing the casting, the two sisters have huge trouble resisting the bait.

Thanks for the input and commiserations guys. It helps just to get it off my chest.
I feel your pain. My retirement plan next year involves moving to a shack in the country and leading a life of hermitude. It won't be a true hermit's life as my wife is insisting that she is coming with. At least it will be remote enough to discourage visits from family members.

goomboogo said:
I feel your pain. My retirement plan next year involves moving to a shack in the country and leading a life of hermitude. It won't be a true hermit's life as my wife is insisting that she is coming with. At least it will be remote enough to discourage visits from family members.
Discourage? Tell them the rules and that if they can't abide by them, they can **** off and not come back til they can act like decent human beings. Got sick of the shit my wife got from her sister very quickly. Told her (sister) to leave our house and not come back until she could show my wife the respect she deserved. Told my sister the same when she tried to stir shit. **** that. Its our home. I love my wife and our home should be her haven. Treat her with respect or you're not part of our lives; your choice. Life is just too short

Blind Dog said:
Discourage? Tell them the rules and that if they can't abide by them, they can **** off and not come back til they can act like decent human beings. Got sick of the shit my wife got from her sister very quickly. Told her (sister) to leave our house and not come back until she could show my wife the respect she deserved. Told my sister the same when she tried to stir shit. **** that. Its our home. I love my wife and our home should be her haven. Treat her with respect or you're not part of our lives; your choice. Life is just too short
My post was mostly tongue in cheek although I have purchased property and will be moving to the country next year. I have three brothers, two of whom I haven't spoken to in over ten years. I have no trouble telling people to **** off and in these instances there was no chance of their behaviour improving so it was **** off for good. My wife's stance regarding her family has hardened in recent years but her family are nowhere near as problematic as mine. A little more time and I will have trimmed my family tree to all but a twig.

Long ago, I took the view that family relationships are no different than relationships with non-family members. If you treat friends poorly or vice versa, then the bond of friendship is often broken. I see no need to involve myself with people solely because we are related. I have plenty of family who I enjoy spending time with but these are people I would be friends with even if we weren't related.

Don't win the Lotto, otherwise that twig will shoot shit loads of branches. [emoji6]
I've seen it happen when a bloke I once worked with had relies coming out of the wood work.
Even his evil bitch of a wife came running back 18 months after walking out with damn near all he had.
Mind you the dumb ******* took her back, we warned him. Anyway it's all gone now and so has she. Again.

Woke up this morning to find our car stolen out of our garage.

fuckers came into the house as well took all keys and garage remotes and my wallet off the side table as well.

We're lucky they didn't take out brand new (had it for about a week) because sun in laws work Ute was blocking it in.

But because they took both the keys for it I've had to get it towed to Holden to get it re keyed.

Hope the fuckers have a merry Xmas...we won't.

It's going to be 3 separate insurance claims, and 3 excesses. House insurance for the stuff the stole off the side table. Car insurance for the stolen one.
Separate car insurance for rekeying the other one.

Rekeying is $585, plus tow...almost equivalent to excess.

manticle said:
Just move to Tasmania.
Worked for me.
Don't give the game away!

Remember, we have terrible weather here. Got it? Tell everyone!

GrumpyPaul said:
fuckers came into the house as well took all keys and garage remotes and my wallet off the side table as well.
We're lucky they didn't take out brand new (had it for about a week) because sun in laws work Ute was blocking it in.
But because they took both the keys for it I've had to get it towed to Holden to get it re keyed.
It's going to be 3 separate insurance claims, and 3 excesses. House insurance for the stuff the stole off the side table. Car insurance for the stolen one.
Bollocks.

Sympathies

spryzie said:
Don't give the game away!
Remember, we have terrible weather here. Got it? Tell everyone!
True. Godawful mid twenties and clear sun on my balcony this afternoon.

Wish I was back in Melbourne for some 40 deg heatwaves. You guys don't know how lucky you are.

Stay there, be nice to your mum.

GrumpyPaul said:

I'd go them for just two excesses. Technically, the other car wasn't stolen or broken into, so I'd argue the key claim can be lodged as part of your home contents claim. Just that it costs $585 to replace stolen keys, not a stolen motor vehicle. You can always cop the tow bit yourself if needs be, but I'd still argue it's part of the stolen key claim.

warra48 said:
I'd go them for just two excesses. Technically, the other car wasn't stolen or broken into, so I'd argue the key claim can be lodged as part of your home contents claim. Just that it costs $585 to replace stolen keys, not a stolen motor vehicle. You can always cop the tow bit yourself if needs be, but I'd still argue it's part of the stolen key claim.
I said that to them...

They said no - house insurance doesnt cover theft of car keys.

Im going to pull out my PDS and go over it.

GrumpyPaul said:
I said that to them...

They said no - house insurance doesnt cover theft of car keys.

Im going to pull out my PDS and go over it.
Don't go over your PDS, it's not your contract, go over your Policy instead. I'd keep at them, and ask them to show you where it says in the Policy that keys are not part of your household contents, and theft of car keys is not covered.

GrumpyPaul said:

That's just shit mate.

This happened to friends of ours and the pricks used their identities to make unauthorised purchases.

That's shit mate. Hope the karma train comes by and hits them at 200kph.

Hope you have a good Xmas.

Latest posts

Back