Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tropical_Brews said:
Google tells you who invented the Suicide Bomb and also gave us the biggest laugh bar none.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/11/world/middleeast/suicide-bomb-instructor-accidentally-kills-iraqi-pupils.html?_r=0

Not sure how a pile of snot and blood can service 15 Virgins..
Yep... it was the Kiwis apparenty...

The earliest known non-military suicide attack occurred in Murchison in New Zealand on 14 July 1905. A long-standing dispute between two farmers resulted in a court case, and the defendant (Joseph Sewell) had sticks of gelignite strapped to his body. When Sewell excitedly shouted during the court sitting about the other farmer "I'll blow the devil to hell, and I have enough dynamite to do just that", he was ushered out of the building. Sewell detonated the charge when a police officer tried to arrest him on the street, and his body was blown to pieces, but nobody else died from their injuries

In any case, and to return to the original point, any time you come up with pauline hanson as the answer to your problem, you are probably asking the wrong question.

Airgead said:
Yep... it was the Kiwis apparenty...

The earliest known non-military suicide attack occurred in Murchison in New Zealand on 14 July 1905. A long-standing dispute between two farmers resulted in a court case, and the defendant (Joseph Sewell) had sticks of gelignite strapped to his body. When Sewell excitedly shouted during the court sitting about the other farmer "I'll blow the devil to hell, and I have enough dynamite to do just that", he was ushered out of the building. Sewell detonated the charge when a police officer tried to arrest him on the street, and his body was blown to pieces, but nobody else died from their injuries

In any case, and to return to the original point, any time you come up with pauline hanson as the answer to your problem, you are probably asking the wrong question.
Kind of redundant innit. Dickhead..

Bribie G said:
Copy of my rant sent to the BOM

I live in the Border Ranges near Kyogle and we find the Brisbane Mt Stapylton radar to be more accurate for our purposes as well as providing better information about rainfall etc.

Considering that this radar is probably relied on by many thousands of professionals throughout SEQ and the Borders, from fishermen to builders to emergency services, farmers, transport operators and many many more, wouldn't it be nice to have a radar service in the 21st Century that actually works for more than a few days per month, and has this year been out during serious weather events

Regards
malcom and co cut their budget to shreds and they now have to rely on crappy cheap shit for r&m

Airgead said:
I see this periodic dabling with Hanson sa being a bit like the chiko roll i buy every 10 years or so. You look at it, think "hey...that looks ok, not as bad as i remember". So you buy it.

Then you take a bite. Thats when you realise that they really are horrible and drop it in the bin at the first opportunity.
See no....Chiko Rolls, always have been bloody delicious...unless you get a dodgy one then it's straight to the crapper.

madpierre06 said:
See no....Chiko Rolls, always have been bloody delicious...unless you get a dodgy one then it's straight to the crapper.
It was this whole talk of Chiko Rolls (which are indeed delicious) that led me to my doomed Maccas run as there were no nearby Chiko Roll options, so in the end Airgead is to blame.

Watch pauline voters fall quiet as they realise they voted in a retarded muppet and thought it was a good idea.

Fraser's BRB said:
It was this whole talk of Chiko Rolls (which are indeed delicious) that led me to my doomed Maccas run as there were no nearby Chiko Roll options, so in the end Airgead is to blame.
You're a genius! The McChicko - Two Chicko rolls, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun! Pauline Hanson can serve it at her chip shop in Parliament!

Bribie G said:
Copy of my rant sent to the BOM

I live in the Border Ranges near Kyogle and we find the Brisbane Mt Stapylton radar to be more accurate for our purposes as well as providing better information about rainfall etc.

Considering that this radar is probably relied on by many thousands of professionals throughout SEQ and the Borders, from fishermen to builders to emergency services, farmers, transport operators and many many more, wouldn't it be nice to have a radar service in the 21st Century that actually works for more than a few days per month, and has this year been out during serious weather events

Regards
Bribie, I have it on fairly good authority that the bureau's radar network is quite bespoke and comprised of essentially hand-me-downs and run on a shoestring, with exotic parts sourced from around the globe only as required and no budget for an inventory of spares. That is probably moreso now that a certain international affairs player successfully probed their IT infrastructure recently, some suggestions that hundreds of millions of clams need to be invested to bring it up to scratch due to the linkages with defense. So, sadly the Grafton unit is not likely to rate highly in terms of priorities, although IIRC Mt Stapylton is fairly modern and should overlap a fair bit.
http://www.bom.gov.au/australia/radar/info/qld_info.shtml#mt-stapylton66
Anyway, hope that helps, wish I could offer more than just heresay and speculation, although that is not altogether uncommon around here!

RdeVjun said:
Bribie, I have it on fairly good authority that the bureau's radar network is quite bespoke and comprised of essentially hand-me-downs and run on a shoestring, with exotic parts sourced from around the globe only as required and no budget for an inventory of spares. That is probably moreso now that a certain international affairs player successfully probed their IT infrastructure recently, some suggestions that hundreds of millions of clams need to be invested to bring it up to scratch due to the linkages with defense. So, sadly the Grafton unit is not likely to rate highly in terms of priorities, although IIRC Mt Stapylton is fairly modern and should overlap a fair bit.
http://www.bom.gov.au/australia/radar/info/qld_info.shtml#mt-stapylton66
Anyway, hope that helps, wish I could offer more than just heresay and speculation, although that is not altogether uncommon around here!
They could privatize and out source and use over seas workers like they have done with the banks telephone toll roads etc and this would free up money to buy new equipment from over seas.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Pauline ******* Hanson
You would have to doff your cap to her, as stupid as she may seem it now looks she will get 5 or 6 seats in the senate, say what people want to hear when the 2 major parties, one is lack lustre the other a hapless bunch of bed wetters (as Peta Credlin called them) and what has she got a $200.000 + job when most Australians are averaging $100,000 she may be smarter than what she makes out. To get that sort of money and not be the sharpest tool in the shed she would have to go for Senator, or Train driver, turns out a Senator needs slightly less grey matter than a train driver. So there we are.

wide eyed and legless said:
I thought the average would be around there somewhere.
I believe the latest figures are somewhere around $70k for individuals and $100k for households.

Yep. The average weekly earnings as reported by the ABS last year is 1499. Thats 77K/year. The 100K figure reported is for household earnings.

Average earnings are also distorted by outliers (like CEOs on 10M/year) so a better figure is the median income. Unfortunatly i cant find an up to date figure for that.

Edit: stupid autocorrect

Latest posts

Back