Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pauline Hanson will keep the Infidels out...Eid Mubarak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWG4-4Y6Z60

goomboogo said:
WEAL, it takes all sorts.
attachicon.gif
paul-walker-westboro-baptist-church-funeral.jpg
Like you, myself and countless others Atheists I am quaking in my boots at those placards.

I reckon instead of calling Pauline Hanson names and worrying about One Nation, it should be taken in the right perspective, its a small nondescript party that will never get anywhere,and we as a nation should be proud that we have a system where anyone can stand with any point of view ,racist or otherwise, not condemn it, that is condemning democracy.
I didn't hear any recriminations against the CFMEU, ETU, AWU, ACTU and the Australian Labor party over the racist campagn they ran over ChAFTA , and lets remember it was the Union movement and the Labor party who in 1910 came up with the White Australia.

WEAL, I presume the second and third paragraphs of your post weren't directed at me as they're not relevant to my post.

I don't understand your assertion that it's undemocratic to condemn views if you find them repugnant. Can you expand on this idea? As far as CHAFTA goes, you can't label objections based on negative economic impacts as racist. That's lazy.

manticle said:
Condemning beliefs you don't share is part of democracy WEAL.
Got no issues with condemning beliefs, but keep respect for the other person who's belief it is.

I don't understand your assertion that it's undemocratic to condemn views if you find them repugnant. Can you expand on this idea?

Definitely was a racist element in the ads which the CFMEU endorsed, scaremongering tactics about swarms of Chinese coming over here and taking Australian jobs as is One Nations Party propoganda

They say never discuss religion or politics, so I'll do both.

I would vote for anyone that abolished religious funding. Only 30-something % of Australians identify as religious, yet the taxpayer coughs up $30 billion ANNUALLY to fund religious institutions. Thats billion, not million. (as of 2013) Good article here

Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, Pastafarian, whatever - go fund yourselves.
So many atrocities committed in the name of 'God' from all religions (maybe not the pasta's just yet). Even what most people think is the religion of meditation, love and peace, Buddhism, is not exempt. Religion is the problem. Anyone who thinks "my religion is right, everyone else is wrong" just astounds me. From that belief comes discrimination, which can lead to fanaticism, then radicalism / extremism.

They're like soccer hooligans without an off season to chill out.

In my opinion, religion was a way of scaring society into behaving. It gives some people peace of mind and hope and that's fine, but please, not at my expense.
I'm not against religion existing, I just think it should be seen as a hobby, not a tax payer funded right. The less people involved the better. If religion died a natural death (or near enough) then I truly feel there would be so much more acceptance. We could get back to important differences, like which footy team you support.

Note: I would vote for this person/party if everything else about them seemed right....

mckenry said:
They say never discuss religion or politics, so I'll do both.

I would vote for anyone that abolished religious funding. Only 30-something % of Australians identify as religious, yet the taxpayer coughs up $30 billion ANNUALLY to fund religious institutions. Thats billion, not million. (as of 2013) Good article here

Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, Pastafarian, whatever - go fund yourselves.
So many atrocities committed in the name of 'God' from all religions (maybe not the pasta's just yet). Even what most people think is the religion of meditation, love and peace, Buddhism, is not exempt. Religion is the problem. Anyone who thinks "my religion is right, everyone else is wrong" just astounds me. From that belief comes discrimination, which can lead to fanaticism, then radicalism / extremism.

They're like soccer hooligans without an off season to chill out.

In my opinion, religion was a way of scaring society into behaving. It gives some people peace of mind and hope and that's fine, but please, not at my expense.
I'm not against religion existing, I just think it should be seen as a hobby, not a tax payer funded right. The less people involved the better. If religion died a natural death (or near enough) then I truly feel there would be so much more acceptance. We could get back to important differences, like which footy team you support.

Note: I would vote for this person/party if everything else about them seemed right....
I'd get behind this.

wide eyed and legless said:
scaremongering tactics about swarms of Chinese coming over here and taking Australian jobs as is One Nations Party propoganda
But I thought the Chinese had already bought the Super Farms and the most expensive real estate in the country even James Packer is struggling.

This weeks Quizz. Name 10 non muslim terrorist organisations ? I got 0 from 10. and a case of Sydney Rye IPA.

I see this periodic dabling with Hanson sa being a bit like the chiko roll i buy every 10 years or so. You look at it, think "hey...that looks ok, not as bad as i remember". So you buy it.

Then you take a bite. Thats when you realise that they really are horrible and drop it in the bin at the first opportunity.

While you're foaming at the mouth Tropical_Brews, do some research. They may not be in Australia, but there are and have been plenty.

And Airgead, stick to the Corn Jacks mate. ;)

wide eyed and legless said:
Got no issues with condemning beliefs, but keep respect for the other person who's belief it is.

C'mon mate we're talking about politicians. Respect for them has never been high on my list. Another part of democracy is the ability to mock the idiots we pay to lead.

Tropical_Brews said:
This weeks Quizz. Name 10 non muslim terrorist organisations ? I got 0 from 10. and a case of Sydney Rye IPA.
Any of those wierd us anti government "sovereign citizen" groups (who the fbi consistently lists as the biggest terrorism threat in the us...oklahoma city bombing anyone)
Abortion clinic bombers
The lebanese Christian militias
The ira
Basque separatists
The red brigades
Sth american communist insurgents
I could go on...

WEAL...put that LNP flag down..

But just to make you happy, Big Tones might be coming back when Malfunction falls ( or gets pushed ) onto his sword

Tropical_Brews said:
Any of those wierd us anti government "sovereign citizen" groups (who the fbi consistently lists as the biggest terrorism threat in the us...oklahoma city bombing anyone)
Abortion clinic bombers
The lebanese Christian militias
The ira
Basque separatists
The red brigades
Sth american communist insurgents
Mexican drug cartels
I could go on...

Multiple posts....stupid phone.

Tropical_Brews said:
Oh dear TB... Looks like winter up there is affecting your thought process

Back