Consumption Per Week

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

0-10 schooners/stubbies

• 11-20 schooners/stubbies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-30 schooners/stubbies

• 31-40 schooners/stubbies

• 41-50 schooners/stubbies

• 51-60 schooners/stubbies

• 61-70 schooners/stubbies

• 71+ per week

• Total voters

DrewCarey82

"Baron Hardmans" Chief brewer.
Reaction score
After having a discussion with the Missus last night how I drink more than most in her oppinion I am curious to see how that stacks up against my fellow brewers.

I've made the measure schooners/stubbies but its easy enough to divide that into longies.

Cheers all.

For the record I probably have between 30-40 schooners over 5 days, with 2 days being alcohol free.

Umm .. why would you need the 0-10 ?
That's way too pessimistic isn't it ?

Maybe 74-84 p/w here...got a bit of a scare when I calculated it :lol:

PZ.

This is a Great Poll :excl:

I'm only in the 11/20 category,but I'm gonna watch with interest to see how many pisspots we have on here :lol:

Around 3 x 375mL glasses for me, 3 times a week.

I drank a great deal between 18 and 25 (didn't everyone?) but I'm taking it easy for a while :)

11-20 for me... but only just. 10 would be more common. 3 a night Fri, Sat and Sun plus one at the pub on Mon after training. I do sometimes stretch to a 4th some nights if I have a beer or something with dessert.

I go through a keg in just under a week, which equates to two cartons a week. I think that drinking the beer is an important part of the hobby.

For Me its 0-10 per week if I am lucky , trying to get a massive stock up .

I wil vote in the 0-10 if it gets fixed up

Cheers
AW

cant be stuffed working it out....its probably easily a batch a week (30 ish longnecks) :party:
Cheers
Steve

I have maybe 1 or 2 about 3 nights a week, have about 3 pints at the pub each week, and occasionally 5-12 if i go out. I voted 11-20, probably about 20-30 during summer and other holidays, around 10ish normally though.

I calculated an average of 18.5 schooners per week, but that doesn't include Friday/Sat binges!

Bloody hell - who's putting away >70 schooners per week! That's 10 a night (or 14 a night with two nights off!). Top effort.

I have to say whats enforced my virtual absence of sugar in my life(being an office boy pump in about 4 cups of coffee a day now have no sugar in it) is diabetes and gout and other drink related diseases.

Does anyone else think about that type of thing or am I just being overly paranoid, cause my greatest fear is being told to quit the sauce!

So paranoid I wont to try to cut down to a carton a week, but the better my brewing gets the more I want to consume it lol.

I'm in the 41-50 category. It's not easy, but I MUST keep up with my brewing production or else I run out of vessels to put it all in ;)

Cheers :)

Does anyone else think about that type of thing or am I just being overly paranoid, cause my greatest fear is being told to quit the sauce!

"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading".

A motto to live by Drew :D

I do not drink schooners or stubbies therefore it is too hard for me to calculate. (After all I was only educated to 8 grade.) However, as a craftbrewer, when I have a drink, I fill a jug and I do not have an alcohol free day...If you want to work it out just how much I drink, I can tell you that I go thrue about a keg a week to 10 days on my own....that is 19L and to everage it I would say around 2 to 3L a day. I am not an alcoholic as I do not go to meetings...

:chug: :chug:
PeterS...

For the record I probably have between 30-40 schooners over 5 days, with 2 days being alcohol free.

DC, you already know the answer to your question. Yes you're drinking too much.

For the five days per week you drink, you're consuming 8-10 standard drinks per day. That's over double the recommended amount of 4 per day for men and much of the western world consider the Australian recommended amount is too genorous.

It's even worse if you're making beer over the 4.75% -5% range.

Roughly you shouldn't be drinking more than a litre per night of 5% beer with a couple of alcohol free days.

If you want to drink more than drop the alcohol content of your beer.

Cheers
MAH

Back