Conner Breware , any one else had any problems?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spohaw

Reaction score
Hello , I have ordered a gas bottle from conner breware over 2 weeks ago and its still a no show

Delivery is ment to be 1-3 days but has been over 2 business weeks and he isnt responding to emails

Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with them before ?

Should I contact consumer protection or just be more patient , I dont think it would take 2 weeks to travel 400kms though

Cheers Spohaw

Been pretty good in my experience, even soemthing I was unsure of they sent a replacement with a pack of yeast for my troubles.

Have you tried calling them?

Not suggesting anything sinister but I emailed them a week ago enquiring about a product and haven't had a reply. Perhaps there has been unforseen issues. I'll email again today and see if anything happens.

bah

Hey mate. Has he got a phone number on his site or something. I got a feeling something's happened to Ciaro (Owner of Connor Brewware), last I heard of him he sent me some gear back in Feb, and was really really good to deal with, and now I've tried contacting him over the past couple of months (via email and AHB only) and nothing.

If he hasn't got a phone number on his site, maybe some of the WA boys will know more, but something's up that's for sure.

CONNOR BREWARE
Member Since 18 May 2009
OFFLINE Last Active Feb 23 2014 10:45 PM

If and when u do read this Ciaro, I hope all is well mate.

I seem to remember them saying they had just had a baby somewhere.. I think

Wilkens

Cheers everyone

Well I hope nothing bad has happened to him , He did reply to emails a few times before at the start of all this with what seemed to be great customer service with info about refills and the different bottles people have in my area that cant refill the first bottle I wanted here ... but the last couple emails ...no reply , so something may have happened since then

He came highly recommended to me from a family member and he has resonable prices thats why I went to him , same bottle was 100$ cheaper from him then the homebrew shop in Albany ...... was planning on buying more from him but this has sorta put me off , but if its because of a good reason probably will buy more

Couldnt find a phone number on his site or I would have called him already and would have been sorted .....

so I will just be more patient then ...... better go buy a carton today , stopped buying beer 2 weeks ago thinking I would just wait until the co2 turns up and the taps start pouring the beer .....its been hard waiting :unsure:

I wouldn't have said anything because I don't want to trash anyone, but it seems like I wasn't an exception and people have a right to know.

I won't go into details but I had the worst experience dealing with him. Took weeks to resolve the main issue. No apologies. Parts missing. Parts broken. Didn't get back to me when he said he would. The list really does go on.

I've used him a number of times and he's been a pleasure to deal with every time.

I suspect he's just got his hands full. He just had an addition to the family like others have said.

I use Connor Breware all of the time and have always had great service.

I would highly recommend him so I think there must be an issue of some sort.

Have you tried to call? If I see him over the weekend I will mention this thread.

I tried calling , he didnt answer but I left a message ...

will try again later , might be a number he doesnt answer on weekends so will try on monday as well

got a carton now but

Hello everyone

He got back to me and has explained it all , he has just had issues with the courier company he uses but sounds like he has worked it out

Will be getting sent out on Monday hopefully have it on Friday

Thanks for the help :beer:

That's really awesome he could get it sorted with his courier company on a Saturday. Dedication on both parts.

Slightly OT but the whole internet outing of bad retail service is such an interesting area.

Lately I have had the odd issue with a regular supplier of HB consumables. Mostly they are the ducks nuts, fast delivery etc. On the rare occasions it has been missing stuff, instructions not followed etc. It is however pretty clear that any stuff ups are basically the result of human error, most probably the kind of inevitable problems you get when you have someone working for $10/hr to pack orders. It worked the other way around with another supplier, they sent me 2 x $$$ stainless airstones instead of 2 x disposable air filters. I called em and we exchanged parts.

Most of the time I get real shitty, then annoyed, and then forget about it. I try not to post in the first two phases. Main frustration is time elapsed between stuff up and fixing order, particularly if I am hanging on ingredients for an urgent brew.

No reflection/bad vibes to original post, just something I have thought about recently.

Stew

That's an interesting point you raise, Stew. My experience has been the complete opposite.

I realise mistakes happen and generally don't feel the need to discuss them. However, I do like to promote good service when I find it. This seems to be the popular choice. It's a small community and we all like to look out for each other and promote the knowledgable guys providing great products and service in our scene.
This same small community makes it really hard to be critical of anyone, even when they have blatantly fallen short of providing even a rudimentary level of customer service or knowledge.

Back