Connect tap fitting to copper chiller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiprya

Reaction score
Just after some confirmation here before I order.

I have a copper chiller that currently uses vinyl tube held on with hose clamps. I want to put an outdoor tap fitting onto it so I can connect it up to the hose.

Is this the right fitting? (the OD of my copper line is 3/8")
http://craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=4413

Then I can screw on any 1/2" BSP fitting I want - I assume that will make a watertight seal with the copper pipe?

Thanks for any help

razz said:
Looks like it will do the trick Tiprya. To make the copper fit you will need a flaring tool for the end of the copper.
That doesn't require a flaring tool as its a compression fitting.
Also, you don't need stainless steel, you can use a brass compression fitting. Probably won't get 3/8 inch at Bunnings but somewhere like Pirtec or Enzed will have them.

Cheers guys, I just went ahead and ordered it from craftbrewer, as I was ordering a load of other stuff at the same time.

tiprya said:
Cheers guys, I just went ahead and ordered it from craftbrewer, as I was ordering a load of other stuff at the same time.
It's a vicious cycle :)

I need a fitting, I need yeast, I need a tap handle, what's that thing - I need it!

Parks said:
It's a vicious cycle :)

I need a fitting, I need yeast, I need a tap handle, what's that thing - I need it!
I initially got into AG brewing to save money, I think I've spent 10 times more than I would have when doing kits. :lol:

Beer tastes great though, and AG is more fun.

Back